Boondocking

Brown, Check this out ! This is my offroad camper. Queen bed, with large vestibule for changing clothes etc. On a CDN trailer, Canadian version of the 416.
How about a few more pictures and write up on this set-up?
I have a M-100 trailer that needs to be converted and it is always good to see what is working for other people.
Thanks

How about a few more pictures and write up on this set-up?
I have a M-100 trailer that needs to be converted and it is always good to see what is working for other people.
Thanks
I will see if I have more photos. If I remember the M-100 is a real big trailer vs M 416, CDN 101. I has 3 Dog Trailer Tents make me a custom tent for my trailer. It has a nice queen bed, with a 7' x 7' vestibule at ground level. Setup takes 2 minutes. Ko2 tires, door at rear, extended tongue. Pulls like a champ. I made a 5k trip with it and you can't feel it.

I will see if I have more photos. If I remember the M-100 is a real big trailer vs M 416, CDN 101. I has 3 Dog Trailer Tents make me a custom tent for my trailer. It has a nice queen bed, with a 7' x 7' vestibule at ground level. Setup takes 2 minutes. Ko2 tires, door at rear, extended tongue. Pulls like a champ. I made a 5k trip with it and you can't feel it.
M-100 predates the 416 it is slightly smaller that the 416. Most parts are interchangeable on them. They were built for the flat fender jeep initially.

Black, These trailers are extremely well built, and make a great platform for camping. If you want some great insight on what to build look up Expedition Port. Great site. My camper is a 3 season camper.

Here's my Boondockingmobile. Starting to look for campgrounds in the areas I'm planning to hunt. Full hookups would be ideal, electricity good, but I can get by fine without for about 5 days at a time.

Attachments

• IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 6
Yes after a trip last year where I had to drive 100 miles one way to hunt every day. No more BNB's & Motels. I will have a camper where I can bookdock if needed.

The color makes it look velvety smooth.

Dog can sleep on a front seat. Agree the width could be problematic.

I have slept in the back of truck a few times - most always deer hunting ... sometimes at camp when snoring gets to be too much in the old cabin. I agree foam pads are the best. We have some great foam pads used when my youngest son was in scouts. Foam pad over a cot is the ticket when cold weather camping or sleeping in a very primitive cabin.

Love the photo AKSkeeter. Only thing that comes to mind other than total solitude is a rogue griz o_O

The color makes it look velvety smooth.

Dog can sleep on a front seat. Agree the width could be problematic.

I have slept in the back of truck a few times - most always deer hunting ... sometimes at camp when snoring gets to be too much in the old cabin. I agree foam pads are the best. We have some great foam pads used when my youngest son was in scouts. Foam pad over a cot is the ticket when cold weather camping or sleeping in a very primitive cabin.
The advent of flat floors on crewcabs have been great, have had several fire deployments where we have to spike out and I have slept in the back. Not ideal but better than a tent and ground.

Back