Boondocking

We boondock next to the farmers silos. We boondock while elk hunting in colorado as well.
We haul a 40 ft. fifth wheel toy hauler with a gator sxs inside.
Hunting Nebraska for the first time this year, but will be staying at a park for the 10 days we are there.

Been working on my setup for Nebraska in 3.5 weeks. Truck camping in wma’s. I think there’s about 600 people in the county we are starting in and about 400 trees. View attachment 5954View attachment 5955
Brown, Tip. I used to sleep in my Cruiser. I found out if you will put a tarp over your topper you will be much warmer...Heat radiates back to you.

Last edited:
Do I even wanna know what boondocking is??? 🤮
When you boondock, there are no connections to water, electricity, and sewer like you’d find in a developed campground. There aren’t any bathrooms, water spigots, or picnic tables. It’s just you, your camper, and a piece of land to call your own for a night or two. Boondocking is generally free, though sometimes a permit is required.

Is that where the song "Out in the Boondocks" came from ? :)

I don't have a picture, but a buddy and myself both sleep in the backs of our suburban's. Dog kennels on one side, nice sleeping cot on the other side with sleeping bags. Bring stuff to make food at our hunting spots so we cook right at our spot the night before we hunt. Has worked out great for us the last couple of years.
Great way to hunt. I am older now and want a little more comfort. My new to me camper.

Attachments

• 20230729_091330.jpg
    20230729_091330.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
When you boondock, there are no connections to water, electricity, and sewer like you’d find in a developed campground. There aren’t any bathrooms, water spigots, or picnic tables. It’s just you, your camper, and a piece of land to call your own for a night or two. Boondocking is generally free, though sometimes a permit is required.

Is that where the song "Out in the Boondocks" came from ? :)
Never heard of plain old school camping being called that but whatever trips yer trigger. Was just worried there was a connection to your hunting 'partner'. I was like no way I'm ever boon dockin with some these guys without my gun loaded. LOL

I'm repairing and insulating floor with closed cell foam board. I will have R20 in bed area, and R-15 elsewhere. Putting a lift on her and getting 16" wheels with 10 ply tires.

Back