Body Grip Trap. MN SF1325

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that you haven't brought any facts or data into your side of the debate.
You have stated that it was an inconvenience for trappers to lug cubbies a mile out, but never once acknowdged that a leghold is just as effective for coon or bobcat. I asked you to go through WI's fur harvest and license sales before and after their BG regs so you could see for yourself it hasn't impacted their fur take. That was ignored.

Your other point is MN will turn into CO...I've already pointed out the WI has not had any new restrictions on BGs

No data or facts from you
Just "it's not fair" to the trappers..well right now it's not "fair" to the dogs.

Got it. So what your saying is I need to state "facts" such as "wisconsin trappers have no problem with the 220 regs":confused: Is it a fact too that Mn and other states won't fall in line with a state such as Co? How do you know such a "fact" that you can continually beat that drum with such certainty? Are things identical between the two states that you can make such a claim?

Anyway, I can see the direction a couple of you are attempting to take this thread--that is---make it about me.
Nick

I feel like this is a dead horse at this point. Everyone has stated there arguments and feelings on the issue and then circled back to them again. Unless you are new to this thread is there really a point to debate back and forth anymore? How about some other topics? Morels? Whats everyone doing in the off season to keep them selves busy? Yes I am trying to hijack this thread.

I feel like this is a dead horse at this point. Everyone has stated there arguments and feelings on the issue and then circled back to them again. Unless you are new to this thread is there really a point to debate back and forth anymore? How about some other topics? Morels? Whats everyone doing in the off season to keep them selves busy? Yes I am trying to hijack this thread.

I bought some traps specific to pocket gophers, the gophinator they are called. Oh my god they are body grips. 'Course they are buried 6 inches under ground, so they should be OK.

Man do they work.

Just sayin'.

I bought some traps specific to pocket gophers, the gophinator they are called. Oh my god they are body grips. 'Course they are buried 6 inches under ground, so they should be OK.

Man do they work.

Just sayin'.

I would love to learn how to be better at that. I can catch every varmint I want to with my 220's but I cant do worth a dam on pocket gophers. I like that gopher blaster 2,000 that blows them all to He!! with propane. :thumbsup:

I agree Tbear, and that's why this type of thread is bad for this site. There is no problem with trapping in Minnesota. Go find something else to do. "please"
:cheers:

You have to admit there was some great dialog and discussion. That's what this site is all about. At this time everyone should be able to form their own opinion or do some more research to satisfy their own curositys. Headed out Thursday to find some more. Temps should help push them out of the ground. Had some with my steak tonight. Can you tell what I'm thinking about?:eek:

I would love to learn how to be better at that. I can catch every varmint I want to with my 220's but I cant do worth a dam on pocket gophers. I like that gopher blaster 2,000 that blows them all to He!! with propane. :thumbsup:

My success was always hit or miss until I went to these:

gophinator

Put one each direction in a run and it has never failed, try to get by with one and sometimes it gets plugged.

They are tripped by the soil he is pushing ahead of him, and he is already in the trap when that happens. There is an older design out there, I have no experience with it.

mutthut and birddemon:

give it a rest ... the people of WI have a special name for those residing in IL that is why he must come here to play. ;)

FCS:

There is no harm in this thread to this site. While you may be a decent dog breeder and trainer ... your negotiation and debating skills are a little rusty. Maybe a little more time in the local coffee shop ... a communications class at the local community college. Have a relaxing summer.

Yeah, I'm taking a break. It was fun, but I realized that for the most part I was going back and forth with someone who has no skin in this game.

The trappers won this one it seems. That's ok. There is always next year. More maimed dogs will circulate social media. More pictures of dead dogs will pop up.

It's a numbers game. 150,000 waterfowl/upland hunters and 10,000 trappers. 53% of MN household have dogs. The public sentiment will side with hunters and not trappers.

I just wonder how many dead dogs it will take to get there...

mutthut and birddemon:

give it a rest ... the people of WI have a special name for those residing in IL that is why he must come here to play. ;)

FCS:

There is no harm in this thread to this site. While you may be a decent dog breeder and trainer ... your negotiation and debating skills are a little rusty. Maybe a little more time in the local coffee shop ... a communications class at the local community college. Have a relaxing summer.

Wow:eek::(. Brittman, why don't you just call me the crude/vulgar name out right? You're stooping to a low level of decency over a conversation on a pheasant hunting forum. So low you feel it necessary to throw a personal-put-down my way:confused:

To add to injury you have to insult FC in the way you have? Why would you do something like this? If you can't have a conversation with folks who disagree with you without casting insults/personal-put-downs move on early in the thread, not 88 posts into it.;)

Nick

Last edited:
Most trappers work to minimize the risk to dogs by setting their traps where hunters and pet owners don't go. But just like a few poachers give hunters a bad name ... a few trappers push the envelope and put dogs at high risk exist. I suspect these trappers often do not have access to the private land or techniques needed to succeed - so they establish sets that are along public rights of way and on public land where others traverse more frequently.

I understand and agree with FCS on too much government interference especially on private property. Unfortunately when people push the envelope of the neighborly behavior, ethics and/or the law ... government reacts with more restrictions and laws to protect "us".

It will likely take a young girl walking her dog on a stretch of country or borderline suburban road watching her dog die. This will result in a more massive sentimental push, which in the end could result in more restrictions then even now proposed.

Trappers should continue to educate their ranks and expect near 100% compliance ... before big government steps in and tells them this is the way it will be !

Last edited:
To my IL friend. Well, I guess birddemon said it better.

The problem is that you {Ipheas4} haven't brought any facts or data into your side of the debate.Your other point is MN will turn into CO...I've already pointed out the WI has not had any new restrictions on BGs

No data or facts from you
Just "it's not fair" to the trappers..well right now it's not "fair" to the dogs.

I see no harm or insult to FCS in my prior post. His posts were long winded, sometimes edited/moderated later and occasionally condescending ... Eloquence can be learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back