Bob brown

bdub20

I know this is a little bit of internet scouting but updland guys don't seem to be as picky about their spots as deer or duck guys. I'm hoping to go up to Bob brown for a weekend. The plan is to try and draw in for duck and then afternoon upland hunt or morning if we don't draw in. Is Bob brown as good as any or will it be worth it to drive to one of the areas within an hour of there? Are there more pheasant or quail in that area. Anything would help. I'm just hoping to get a little more information than what the MDC website says. I'd also be more than happy to give information about all the quail areas in South West Missouri. I did much better there than I thought I would have. Thanks and good luck this year to everyone.

Since it’s a waterfowl area there are limited areas open for upland right now. It usually depends on what cover and crops were managed by MDC this year for what part the birds are holding.

I know this is a little bit of internet scouting but updland guys don't seem to be as picky about their spots as deer or duck guys. I'm hoping to go up to Bob brown for a weekend. The plan is to try and draw in for duck and then afternoon upland hunt or morning if we don't draw in. Is Bob brown as good as any or will it be worth it to drive to one of the areas within an hour of there? Are there more pheasant or quail in that area. Anything would help. I'm just hoping to get a little more information than what the MDC website says. I'd also be more than happy to give information about all the quail areas in South West Missouri. I did much better there than I thought I would have. Thanks and good luck this year to everyone.

sent u a PM.

Thank you guys. I appreciate the input. If I draw in to duck hunt that might take most my time anyway. Any suggestions for places to stay cheap around there that allow dogs?
Also I was serious that I did get into covey's in Southwest Missouri. I don't really have much to compare it to but I enjoyed it.

So did you ever end up going?

No I didn't end up getting up there. I doubt I will now but still a couple weekends left of quail season.

Thank you guys. I appreciate the input. If I draw in to duck hunt that might take most my time anyway. Any suggestions for places to stay cheap around there that allow dogs?
Also I was serious that I did get into covey's in Southwest Missouri. I don't really have much to compare it to but I enjoyed it.

Would you mind sending me that info in a pm? That's right in my neck of the woods and I'm looking for some places. Thanks!!

Back