BLIZZARD WATCH FOR SoDak

onpoint

Another kick to the pills for the Pheasants

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CST WEDNESDAY... ... BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CST WEDNESDAY. A BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* TIMING... PATCHY SNOW LATE THIS EVENING WILL BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD AFTER MIDNIGHT... BECOMING MODERATE THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. AS THE HEAVIER SNOW SHIFTS EAST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON... BLIZZARD CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP BY LATE AFTERNOON AS THE NORTHWEST WINDS BECOME VERY STRONG.

* ACCUMULATIONS... NEW SNOWFALL OF 3 TO 5 INCHES IS EXPECTED.

* WIND AND VISIBILITY... NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 35 MPH BY LATE MORNING IN SOUTH CENTRAL SOUTH DAKOTA... SPREADING TOWARD THE JAMES VALLEY BY MID AFTERNOON. STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. VISIBILITIES IN SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL DECREASE TO LESS THAN A MILE... WITH AREAS OF VISIBILITIES BELOW A QUARTER MILE POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT... ESPECIALLY IN OPEN RURAL AREAS.

* WIND CHILL VALUES... WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO WILL DEVELOP BY EARLY WEDNESDAY EVENING AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY.

Yep, another one hitting us but it won't be as bad as the Christmas storm. They are saying 5 inches but that might be on the light side as I just finished blowing 2-3 inches off my driveway and the worst is yet to come. Especially the winds. Suppose to start blowing at about 40 mph later today. Just heard on tv that they are closing I90 in western SD. Temps will be a problem also. Highs for Thursday and Friday are -5 to -10 with a low of -30 Friday morning. Good news is that it's going to be in the 20's next week.

While the fluffy white stuff sure is not good for the birds a layer of frozen ice would be a lot worse. I am surprised at the number of birds that are finding food in the bean and corn stubble by scratching way down in the snow.

Back