bird stealers!!!

kscountryboy11

hunted with a bigger group this weekend, which i dont usuall do. but we were in nw ks. we had a prett good weekend killing 43 roosters and 8 quail. good dog work with tons of good points and lots of birds. friday we had a pretty decent day, saturday was our best day. we killed 23 roosters and 4 quail on saturday. we cleaned birds and threw them in the cooler and then went to local bar to eat dinner. well wernt very smart and left our cooler full of birds in the back of the pickup. needless to say when we looked in the cooler the next day it was GONE!!! someone stole the cooler full of pheasants out of the back of the truck. people disgust me. we probably should have put the cooler in the house, but we didnt, our own fault. but i really didnt think someone would be that low as to steal a cooler full of pheasants and quail. :mad:

OH yes it does happen often. Especialy at a bar. I know of deer, birds and even a trophy moose stolen. In this economy? people are hungry out there believe it or not. And there is folks in rough times. There is plenty that know a hunter out of state especialy with coolers in the back could feed them for a while. Lock your stuff up fellas or risk loosing it. That sucks WKB, but you may just have fed a starving family. Or just some fat slob A hole.:D

That's really low. I remember a guy trying to grab my Dad's buddies Browning Superposed from the rear window rack of his truck. We were watching out the restaurant window and told the guy it was about to happen. The guy never even headed for the door, he said "just watch". The thief reached through the window and came out with the meanest Black Lab in history attached to his shredded hand. Wasn't hard for the cops to find him. Just follow the blood trail.

no matter how hungry one is......"thou shall not steal"...I can imagine that if the perp would have waited until you all came out, said hey guys, I'm poor and need to feed my family, could you possibly spare a bit of $$ or even better, could you part with a bird or two that I could stick in the pot to help me out......I bet you all would have agreed to give some up. That easy and then he wouldn't have to be a F'n lowlife thief.

as hard as I have worked in my life through some hardships, I have NO sympathy for the "well maybe they needed it worse than I did" argument as I have needed very badly at times in the past yet it never even entered my mind to take from others simply because "they had some" that's BS

Last edited:
you have got to be kidding me?What desperate kind of poor broke ass would even look in someones cooler let alone take some bird meat that you would look at the bag of meat and almost make me throw up!!I give most of all my away but my gosh that is sad, im in disbeleif i am sitting here with my mouth open wow!!!!

Don't have to say if you are uncomfortable but what town? I wonder if it was kids thinking they were stealing beer or if it was a nice cooler, kids stealing a cooler. Really despicable.

:mad:Had my float tube stolen off the top of my rig parked in front of The Star in Elko, NE, one year. Pissah. :mad:

hunted with a bigger group this weekend, which i dont usuall do. but we were in nw ks. we had a prett good weekend killing 43 roosters and 8 quail. good dog work with tons of good points and lots of birds. friday we had a pretty decent day, saturday was our best day. we killed 23 roosters and 4 quail on saturday. we cleaned birds and threw them in the cooler and then went to local bar to eat dinner. well wernt very smart and left our cooler full of birds in the back of the pickup. needless to say when we looked in the cooler the next day it was GONE!!! someone stole the cooler full of pheasants out of the back of the truck. people disgust me. we probably should have put the cooler in the house, but we didnt, our own fault. but i really didnt think someone would be that low as to steal a cooler full of pheasants and quail. :mad:

What town were you in?

Man that sucks. You have to be a real POS to steal something out of a guys truck. I seriously doubt if it was someone looking for a meal. More than likely it was some kids hoping to find some beer. Let's hope.

brit we where in hill city. and they took the whole cooler with the birds in it. we couldnt believe it! but we should have known better than to leave a cooler in the pickup at a bar..lesson learned i guess.

my first thought was that it could have been some kids thinking there was beer in it and never took the time to look . but could have been some mad locals, or other hunters. i would hope another hunter would never do that tho.

My guess is somebody coming out of the bar thought they needed some more to drink. I had a half gallon of crown stolen out of my cooler. Next time I'm out there I'm tempted to put a bottle in the cooler half crown and half pee. I had beer and the crown in one cooler chained to truck and birds in the other. They took the crown and a few beers but left everything else alone.

Sorry to hear that.

I had a cooler stolen in Iowa years ago back when there were some birds in Iowa. They took the cooler our lunch for the week, soft drinks, and some beer. They swiped that out of the back of our truck while we were in the field. After that we always kept our trucks and camper shells locked. We were parked in the field so they not only stole but the trespassed.

Back