Bird Dog Bunkhouse 2021 for SD Wild Pheasants

dukxdog

UFC's Bruce Buffer says:

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt'sssss TIME! for the Main Event of the [season]!"

***Bird Dog Bunkhouse 2021***

Here is your opportunity to be afield hunting wild roosters with your best hunting buddies and dogs.

Last fall was nothing short of SPECTACULAR as far as pheasant numbers and smiles. All indicators say 2021 will be just the same. High bird numbers going into the winter, mild, open winter with minimal snow and without brutal cold temperatures gave the birds the best conditions to keep the numbers up going into nesting season.

One of my friends who lives near my house just told me they counted over sixty roosters along the road coming back from Pierre!

Last fall South Dakota changed opening week from a noon opening hunt time to 10am start for every day of the season. They also extended the season to end January 31 giving hunters another full month to hunt! This speaks volumes as to how they feel the pheasant population has been.

This is for lodging with hunting on your own. This is NOT a guided hunt. Hunting is excellent so no need to pay for private land access.

I can furnish references on request. Several guys who frequent this site have stayed here to hunt and many still do.

For this coming South Dakota pheasant hunting season I have the following dates available:

October 20-24 ---- 2 or 3 spots available -- $450 per person

December 2-6 ----3 spots available -- $450 per person

Various flexible dates are also available during December and January for a custom date package.

PM me here for phone number to answer questions and make reservations. Thanks!

[/b]

Last edited:
Update:

October 20-24 ---- 1 or 2 spots available -- $450 per person

December 2-6 ----3 spots available -- $450 per person

If you have any other dates available. please let me know.
Thinking about January.2022
Thanks

I have December 12-31 and January 1-31, 2022 available.

How many guys? I like to close up the house at Christmas or end of December unless I get a number of guys to commit to late season dates..

I understand, usually, its just me. Just wondering, If I were to pay you a cash fee to hunt property
for a day or 2. I could stay in a local motel/hotel. No worries, just enjoy hunting your state. I was
able to get out NE of Pierre last Jan. and had a blast.

Dennis Vandergriff
Carlos, MN. 56319

Had a black lab. He had looks similar to yours, nice looking dog.
Got a 6 year old red lab now.

Attachments

• 20190804_101515.jpg
    20190804_101515.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20191108_154740 - Copy.jpg
    20191108_154740 - Copy.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 6
The season started October 16, 2021. The guys have been doing pretty well. I started hunting October 25. Pheasant number are good. It's not as dry or drought conditions as the reports I heard before actually getting my boots on the ground.

The grass is still tall and green. Ponds and lakes have good water levels everywhere I have been.

A good amount of corn has been harvested and I see combines running every day.

Lots of beans still standing in the fields which us unusual. I'm not sure the reason as the beans I checked were fully developed.

Most of the Walk-In and WPA's have had hay cut out of them. They left part standing but the cut areas have no cover for pheasants which is a shame. I was very surprised to see the WPA's hayed since they are posted as Federal land.

I have shot my limit of three roosters every day in anywhere from 1-3 hours time. I'm expecting good things until I head home for Thanksgiving.

Hi. I would appreciate knowing how many people can the house accommodate/sleep? I am starting to plan a trip for 2023. I am not sure how many guys will be in the group but accommodations may dictate the as well. And I may have missed it but what city?

Your pictures are great.

How does it work if one old guy, mid 60's comes out with a pretty good pointer? Like to head out there for a few days mid week?

Back