****Bird Dog Bunkhouse 2019****

dukxdog

Hi guys,

I know it's early butI have my slots figured out for the 2019 South Dakota pheasant season at my hunting house. Most of my dates have been filled already with hunters who were here 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. I get many repeat hunters who are now friends. Some of the hunters post here on UltimatePheasantHunting. This is my fifth season running my pheasant hunting "Bed & Breakfast". It's worked out great as can be attested to by the many repeat guys who stay here.

We had great hunting last season even though the reports from around SD were still below average. I think I saw double the pheasants from the 2017 season in 2018. I personally averaged 3.00 roosters per day for the 28 days I hunted. I bought three 10 day licenses. This was mainly all on public lands.

The dates I have available are (five night slots):

October 23-27 for $450 (lodging only) ***2 slots available***

Nov 17-21 for $650 (includes lodging and 3 meals per day) ***FIVE spots available***

November 27 through December to season end for $450 per five night slot per person ***Flexible dates available***

***These prices are for the service specified.

I do not have private land included in these prices.

I am not a guide or outfitter. I love pheasant hunting in South Dakota with my dogs so this is not a job for me. I am willing to give suggestions of places to hunt for the guys at the house.

I can get you in contact for private land hunting for $200/day/gun.

The house has a deluxe dog barn, WiFi, cable TV, indoor bird cleaning area, bird freezer, FULL size beds, Game room, Leather recliners for everyone and clean bedding furnished. I have a lady who cleans the house and changes bedding between hunters.

PM me if you are interested in wild rooster hunting for 2019. Here are hunting photos all taken in 2018 season.

References gladly furnished from 2017 and 2018 hunters!

Bring your dogs as I have a nice barn I built with indoor kennels having outside individual runs for each dog.

Thanks for looking,

Bobby

Filled a few today. Updated availability.

October 23-27 for $450 (lodging only) ***2 slots available***ON HOLD

Nov 17-21 for $650 (includes lodging and 3 meals per day) ***TWO spots available ONE ON HOLD***

Update:

***October through November 26 dates are FULL***

I have December wide open right now. December is FANTASTIC pheasant hunting. The weather can be unpredictable as it can be flannel shirt weather or quite snowy. The birds bunch up in cover after feeding in the morning so flushes are often crazy. They hold tighter and don't run nearly as much as early season. I love late season pheasants...so do dogs!

Contact me if you have an interest. THANKS!

Update:

***October through November 26 dates are FULL***

I have December wide open right now. December is FANTASTIC pheasant hunting. The weather can be unpredictable as it can be flannel shirt weather or quite snowy. The birds bunch up in cover after feeding in the morning so flushes are often crazy. They hold tighter and don't run nearly as much as early season. I love late season pheasants...so do dogs!

Contact me if you have an interest. THANKS!

Bobby: I assume the rate for all of December is for lodging only - $450 - 5 nites?

Thanks

Update: December 3-7 is now filled More good December dates are available.

You could also make a Thanksgiving hunt with family and friends as I did with mine a couple seasons ago. Makes for a nice vacation. My wife went all out.

View attachment 9285

I just installed new sliding windows in the house last week. They will be great. I'm always trying to make the house better for the guys who come out.

Got another group booked.

Available dates are now Nov 27-Dec 2 and Dec 13-Jan 5. Get in touch with me if you want any of these dates for 2019 hunting.

Saw some pheasants while out in SD. My local friends have seen some good broods with hens. Crops got in a bit late due to rain and wet spring but everything was green and off to a good start now. Looking forward to a good pheasant season!

Last edited:
Bobby:

The drip edge on the window you installed doesn't appear to be all the way to the edge of the frame...

Just an observation.

Bobby:

The drip edge on the window you installed doesn't appear to be all the way to the edge of the frame...

Just an observation.

Jonny that's actually the "J" channel not drip edge. The old siding is still under the vinyl siding. The windows are taped over the nailing flange starting at the bottom then going up the side, then across the top. The perimeter is foamed with window insulation on the inside. Water won't be causing any damage.

Thanks for the critical critique though. Hope when I'm as old as you I'll have better things to do than just be negative :rolleyes:

Zeb I don't wear any. It's not required by law when upland hunting. It scares pheasants. I wear an orange hat when deer season opens.

I know it's not required but it sure does help be seen if you are hunting with others. I always require everyone in my group (even if it's only one other guy) to have at least an orange hat and preferably an orange hat and vest. I've been hunting pheasants since 1956 and I've never seen that orange scares pheasants. But, each to their own! :)

I know it's not required but it sure does help be seen if you are hunting with others. I always require everyone in my group (even if it's only one other guy) to have at least an orange hat and preferably an orange hat and vest.

That's fine if you want to wear orange. I don't wear any 90% of the time. I've never had any issues since I don't.

I don't know why you choose to bring up the subject on my house thread. Start your own post if you want to talk about orange.

Thanks!

George you have contacted me several times about staying at my house with your friends. You never have. You also made special requests that I have offered to accommodate.

I've never been anything but cordial to you. I don't get into conflicts with anyone here or make negative comments on anyone's posts.

I don't know why you have chosen now to criticize me on an unrelated post I started. You confirm orange is NOT required to hunt birds in SD. What you posted and where is in poor taste and uncalled for.

Hunt with who will go with you, use all the orange you want and make any rules you decide on for your groups.

Most of my dates are full this year as in the past from the first season I offered for guys to stay here. I have scores of good references with mostly repeat guys coming each year. I offer a great and special service not many others could pull off. I work hard at it and take great pride in what I offer. I've made lots of friends because of my house. The guys staying with me are glad to see each other every season. We don't have any conflicts. It's a bunch of regular guys enjoying friendship, dogs, guns and hunting traditions.

I don't really think it's at all about me not wearing orange.

I'm now really glad I've not had any dealings with you nor will I in the future.

Back