Bingo

henhenROOSTER!!!

Wasn't able to make the Dec SD/'Boar's Head' trip with the UPH boyz as long-planned & anticipated, but did manage to put my finger on the spot on the map of deepest freshly fallen snow nearer to home in CO & bump-n-run straight to it for a day-trip yesterday at the crack of dawn first morning after the storm cleared. Met up with CO UPH bud 'cowdog' (Bill) & his new dog Pistol. A GOOD DAY OUT would be an understatement! We were in birds all day long everywhere we went & the usual late-season little demons were acting like perfect tight-holding bobwhite gentlemen, bursting out from underneath the snowy blanket in a sparkly, white spray of powder only after the dogs put their noses on 'em & pushed 'em right out from under our feet! :eek: Came home with a double-limit of fat roosters for the table (Bill gave me his on top of mine, since he had enough in the freezer already)!

Werks like a charm if you can time it right...
I would take a late-season hunt in the proper amount of freshly fallen snow (not too deep, not too little - 4-8" of fluff is sheer perfection) over opening day hands-down anytime! :cheers:

Wasn't able to make the Dec SD/'Boar's Head' trip with the UPH boyz as long-planned & anticipated, but did manage to put my finger on the spot on the map of deepest freshly fallen snow nearer to home in CO & bump-n-run straight to it for a day-trip yesterday at the crack of dawn first morning after the storm cleared. Met up with CO UPH bud 'cowdog' (Bill) & his new dog Pistol. A GOOD DAY OUT would be an understatement! We were in birds all day long everywhere we went & the usual late-season little demons were acting like perfect tight-holding bobwhite gentlemen, bursting out from underneath the snowy blanket in a sparkly, white spray of powder only after the dogs put their noses on 'em & pushed 'em right out from under our feet! :eek: Came home with a double-limit of fat roosters for the table (Bill gave me his on top of mine, since he had enough in the freezer already)!

Werks like a charm if you can time it right...
I would take a late-season hunt in the proper amount of freshly fallen snow (not too deep, not too little - 4-8" of fluff is sheer perfection) over opening day hands-down anytime! :cheers:

Amen! Congratulations Roger:thumbsup:

Beginning of the season: hen, hen, ROOSTER!

End of the season: hen, hen, hen, hen, hen, hen, ROOS...no, hen, ROOSTER!

:)

Another couple PERFECT opportunities coming up in some areas for rooster-taming in the fresh snow over the next few days & week, but I'm gonna have to sit this one out while visiting fam in TX thru NY's...
Hope somebody else manages to get in on one or two of these special late-season days we all dream about! :thumbsup:

Back