Biggest gun shot?

FCSpringer

Since we have so many vets and hunters, tell us, what is the biggest load you ever shot out of a gun, any guy, followed by the Tim Taylor grunt.

Mine is the Lightfield 3 1/2" 12 gage slugs. 3700, ft lbs of muzzle energy. If you can hang on for four or five of those rounds in a row, you might be a redneck.

458 Win Mag, 30-378 weatherby Mag, 500 S&W handgun, 30-06 Thompson encore handgun..I will own a 460 Weatherby mag before I die

120MM smoothbore Main Gun. max effective range of 4km

Was the driver for 3 years, gunner for 3 years and Tank Commander for just over 2 years! The best times of my life were on a Tank. Deployed, training cleaning it... No matter those are the times I will never forget.

.50 cal
203 granade launcher on my M16 way back when.

That is my story

My Big Gun

My .44 mag Colt Anaconda which has a lifesaving award.

An AT-4 rocket... those were good times. :D

120MM smoothbore Main Gun. max effective range of 4km

Was the driver for 3 years, gunner for 3 years and Tank Commander for just over 2 years! The best times of my life were on a Tank. Deployed, training cleaning it... No matter those are the times I will never forget.

.50 cal
203 granade launcher on my M16 way back when.

That is my story

A former tanker is now a hunter.

50 cal rifle. It was a blast, But not a gun I would want to own......Bob

It was my honor!!!!! It's all that I wanted to do growing up! Now, can't wait to get back and enjoy hunting and shooting smaller weapons.

Being an Ammo Tech I got to shoot about all there was.... but the AT4 had to be the most entertaining

Being an Ammo Tech I got to shoot about all there was.... but the AT4 had to be the most entertaining

Tell us about it. I for one am not familiar with this weapon. Thanks!

To the average guy the AT4 is the american bazooka/rpg if you will. Now knowing how we are as Americans you have to realize that we do things a bit better than the rest:) It shoots much better than any other rpg style out there and has a better max affective range than most. It is not a guided missle by no means and still requires a good shot at longer distances. They are alot of fun to shoot though no doubt about that.

I currently shoot an M240H out the side of a Blackhawk helicopter daily. They may not be the biggest gun by no means, only shooting your standard .308 round but they are alot of fun to shoot and they are quite affective from the air at speeds in excess of 120 mph. I would love to trade it in though for my favorite shotgun but that will have to wait for a couple more months unfortunatelly.

To the average guy the AT4 is the american bazooka/rpg if you will. Now knowing how we are as Americans you have to realize that we do things a bit better than the rest:) It shoots much better than any other rpg style out there and has a better max affective range than most. It is not a guided missle by no means and still requires a good shot at longer distances. They are alot of fun to shoot though no doubt about that.

I currently shoot an M240H out the side of a Blackhawk helicopter daily. They may not be the biggest gun by no means, only shooting your standard .308 round but they are alot of fun to shoot and they are quite affective from the air at speeds in excess of 120 mph. I would love to trade it in though for my favorite shotgun but that will have to wait for a couple more months unfortunatelly.
:10sign:
Now all this I would love to try once. All you guy's with a 3 1/2" 12 or 10 gage, buy one box of those Light field 3 1/2" sabot's and shoot them, just so you can say holy &^%t FC wasn't kidding. just once.
But hang on if you have a scope or you will leave a circle on your forehead for life, and may pass out.:D

Last edited:
lol moe,

how much of a vertical leap, did u get? I once pulled the cord on a 155 once and i bet i cleared 4 feet. :D Big ca boom.:cheers:

Sorry I can't hear you my ears are still ringing.

Back