Biggest gun shot?

I can't compete with some of you guys, 30-378 Weatherby, 378 weatherby, 460 Weatherby, 444 Marlin, 458 Win, but possibly the most violent thing I ever put in my hands was a 460 pistol, so much worse than the 500 S&W.:eek:

My 50 cal muzzleloader that had a glitch either I got more than a 150 grains in it somehow or didn't get everything seated as well as i should have, still have a half of a scope mark between my eyebrows. Another gun that was fun although not big was our AR 15's for work, when we first got them from the military. They let us rip off a few rounds on full auto.

My 50 cal muzzleloader that had a glitch either I got more than a 150 grains in it somehow or didn't get everything seated as well as i should have, still have a half of a scope mark between my eyebrows. Another gun that was fun although not big was our AR 15's for work, when we first got them from the military. They let us rip off a few rounds on full auto.

oh no this brings back bad memories. one morning after turkey hunting 7 days in a row and getting up at 3 am i created a cannon. NEVER EVER load a muzzleloading shotgun in the dark. i spilled a little powder loading it and guessed how much to pour down the barrel to make up for what spilled out of the measurer. hunted that morning and didnt get anything so i shot it to unload it. me and my buddies put a turkey target on a fence post. i was standing between 2 parked trucks when i fired it.. BOOOOOM all hell broke loose. web of my thumb was ripped open from the kick. recoil sent gun up into my face. hit me hard enough to crack the lenses of my work safety glasses. the roar was deafing between the trucks. ears rang all day. didnt even hit the target. once my buddies recovered from the concussion of the blast and determined i wasnt hurt too bad they rolled in laughter. then one of them says i thought your ramrod stuck out a ways when you loaded it. i said why didnt you say something. he says i thought you knew what you were doing!!!! we figured i made a 6 or 7 inch 12 ga. magnum that day. the most unbelievable part is i actually caught the gun when it came back down. have been kind of scared to shot it since. it is a TK 2000 fun to shot pheasants with.

oh no this brings back bad memories. one morning after turkey hunting 7 days in a row and getting up at 3 am i created a cannon. NEVER EVER load a muzzleloading shotgun in the dark. i spilled a little powder loading it and guessed how much to pour down the barrel to make up for what spilled out of the measurer. hunted that morning and didnt get anything so i shot it to unload it. me and my buddies put a turkey target on a fence post. i was standing between 2 parked trucks when i fired it.. BOOOOOM all hell broke loose. web of my thumb was ripped open from the kick. recoil sent gun up into my face. hit me hard enough to crack the lenses of my work safety glasses. the roar was deafing between the trucks. ears rang all day. didnt even hit the target. once my buddies recovered from the concussion of the blast and determined i wasnt hurt too bad they rolled in laughter. then one of them says i thought your ramrod stuck out a ways when you loaded it. i said why didnt you say something. he says i thought you knew what you were doing!!!! we figured i made a 6 or 7 inch 12 ga. magnum that day. the most unbelievable part is i actually caught the gun when it came back down. have been kind of scared to shot it since. it is a TK 2000 fun to shot pheasants with.

LOL:laugh: Thats a good one. I put a scope on a browning gold, 12 ga. and thought I would really dial it in. set her up on a rifle rest turned the knobs till the cross hairs were jussssssstttt perfect... Then had the bright idea to just look through and only touch the gun with my trigger finger. Wooooom! down I went. knocked me out. Had blood all over my face. Always hung on after that.

Last edited:

blackcloud;
dang buddy lol thats kind of scarey:eek:

Back