Best Vest EVER!!!

I wish I had a 1/2 box of bismuth for every time the vest question has come up.
All the modern, techy "vests" with all their bells & whistles sure are intriguing.
But for the discerning pheasant nut who demands performance, but has an eye for fashion....
This is the Mount'n Prairie camo hunting vest! I bought mine in 1987 for $30 or $35. It's a little more snug now, but it still mostly fits.
I think mine is on it's 3rd zipper. But otherwise, repairs have been quite minimal, probably because it's only seen the inside of a washing machine about 3 times in 33 years. Its space-age fabric scoffs at thorns, branches, barbed wire, spurs, & anything else that would tear any lesser vest.
It's carried so much dead stuff, it practically loads itself. The shell loops are stupid, but the huge zippered pockets more than make up for it.
And rather than let all the heat out & cold air in, the 1987 MP vest is actually a layer of clothing, totally adequate for keeping 30 mph winds from whistling through your core.
The vintage camo pattern makes it useful for doves & waterfowl as well; not limited to upland bird hunting. Blaze orange belongs on hats & caps.
Finally, the handy little inside pocket keeps exactly 2 "normal" uses worth of soft, sturdy paper towel safe & dry, right where you won't forget it.
So now you know. Keep your eyes peeled at garage sales, ebay, & other online marketplaces. Truth...I saw one once at an antique shop near Milford, IA. I'd have bought it, but it was like XXXL & didn't fit me at all. My daughters thought my trying it on & modeling it in the store was pretty cool though.:LOL:
These pics clearly demonstrate its fashionable, retro style. It's a little hard to tell, but the 1 pic does actually show my vest with 3 roosters inside. (otherwise I wouldn't take a selfie of my back, right?)
You're probably all pretty jealous now. My vest, of course, is not for sale. But I'd consider an offer that's not too insulting.
View attachment 715
View attachment 716
View attachment 717
Nice vest.We don't wear any hunter orange.

Back