Best hunting pup for pheasants

It's a dog, usually owned by a bit of a fop, who freezes in quivering fear at the scent of a bird, then watches in horror and amazement as the master who feeds and shelters it walks in front of its cone of terror and kicks at brush and grass clumps until a bird lifts from the ground, then shoots twice at it and sometimes kills it. These bird dogs will then sometimes run to a bird and begin to mangle and chew at it, again, obviously out of fear. Their fop owners will call this, hilariously, a "good retrieve", as they smooth out whatever is left of the clump of feathers they have just pried from their dogs jaws. Other times these "bird dogs" will watch, again I assume, in terror, as their owners walk around trying, often in vain, to find the birds they just "harvested". The fop will often say ridiculous things about their dogs ridiculous behavior like "slammed on point" or "staunch" or bloviate about "good dog work" or - and I'm not exaggerating here - "style". Generally the cowardly animal will have between 3 and six collars on it, often with antennae and other such digital over compensatory phallic substitutes. These "bid dogs" generally be ugly, often there is an attempt by breeders to disguise the dogs' ugliness by covering it in excess hair, though occasionally these disgusting creatures are displayed nearly bald.

This is opposed to a gun dog, or a duck dawg, or, highest praise of all canine epithets...a "hunting dog".
That's some funny sh%^ right there!

Here's the truth.
Pointers- Skinny skeleton like dogs with bloody tails. Their owners always try and dazzle you with pet agrees to make up for their incompetence. You can always identify their owners. They will be the ones wearing running shoes and often can't talk cause their horse from screaming.
Setters- They and their owners think they are better than you. They're always running around with their nose in the air. If you don't know what they look like just look for the dog covered in chuckle burs and stickers. Their owners will be wearing tweed.
Retrievers- Why would anyone hunt pheasants with a duck dog? You can't hunt near any water because they will run to the edge of the water and wait for something to fall out of the air, or just take a swim, while your buddies are shooting birds. Thier owners will be wearing camo and instead of whistles they have duck calls around their neck.
Brittany's- They don't belong in the field. They belong on someone's lap. Thier so small, sometimes a running pheasant will turn and whip their butt! I can't tell the difference between them and a king Charles Cavalier. Thier owners might be wearing a scarf.
All the rest suck too except the mighty GERMAN WIREHAIR POINTER!!
Ps. Lointer man might be a plant to try and destroy use from within. Maybe a Russian bot. Divide and concur you know. I think we should keep an eye on him!!

Here's the truth.
Pointers- Skinny skeleton like dogs with bloody tails. Their owners always try and dazzle you with pet agrees to make up for their incompetence. You can always identify their owners. They will be the ones wearing running shoes and often can't talk cause their horse from screaming.
Setters- They and their owners think they are better than you. They're always running around with their nose in the air. If you don't know what they look like just look for the dog covered in chuckle burs and stickers. Their owners will be wearing tweed.
Retrievers- Why would anyone hunt pheasants with a duck dog? You can't hunt near any water because they will run to the edge of the water and wait for something to fall out of the air, or just take a swim, while your buddies are shooting birds. Thier owners will be wearing camo and instead of whistles they have duck calls around their neck.
Brittany's- They don't belong in the field. They belong on someone's lap. Thier so small, sometimes a running pheasant will turn and whip their butt! I can't tell the difference between them and a king Charles Cavalier. Thier owners might be wearing a scarf.
Ps. Lointer man might be a plant to try and destroy use from within. Maybe a Russian bot. Divide and concur you know. I think we should keep an eye on him!!
:ROFLMAO:

I’m partial to Springer’s. There style of hunting makes them great pheasant dogs. I’ve got a Brittany right now that hunt’s fairly well but my best Springer hunted a little better.

I’ll stick with my Pointing Lab. Yellow of course.

Attachments

• D2D1D206-FCBA-4A94-AEC4-F57DCA87CFFD.jpeg
    D2D1D206-FCBA-4A94-AEC4-F57DCA87CFFD.jpeg
    786.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DC7E0930-1D0B-41B9-A682-A5A1921104B9.jpeg
    DC7E0930-1D0B-41B9-A682-A5A1921104B9.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 392FFDE9-4C8F-4E75-841F-81717B2B6B41.jpeg
    392FFDE9-4C8F-4E75-841F-81717B2B6B41.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • D3963FA7-3C20-405B-85C4-56EDA70637CE.jpeg
    D3963FA7-3C20-405B-85C4-56EDA70637CE.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 6
Or the whole gang

Attachments

• 20221009_100158.jpg
    20221009_100158.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220928_093806.jpg
    20220928_093806.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220923_092208.jpg
    20220923_092208.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220110_121149.jpg
    20220110_121149.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Here's the truth.
People who own pointers are control freaks.

I'm partial to shorthairs.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 7
I own a british lab and I primarily hunt pheasants. But occasionally I hunt grouse, and I will say she struggles with them at best. They must not have near as much scent.

There would be an enormous advantage in the grouse woods with a well-trained pointer that held until you got into a decent shooting position. Most of the time the grouse flush, I hear a whirr of their wings, and never even get a visual...much less a decent shot. A solid, held point would alleviate the primary issue with grouse hunting.

I own a british lab and I primarily hunt pheasants. But occasionally I hunt grouse, and I will say she struggles with them at best. They must not have near as much scent.

There would be an enormous advantage in the grouse woods with a well-trained pointer that held until you got into a decent shooting position. Most of the time the grouse flush, I hear a whirr of their wings, and never even get a visual...much less a decent shot. A solid, held point would alleviate the primary issue with grouse hunting.
My Pointing Lab will hold until released. Not all Labs are from the same genetics, thus some flush and some will point. Does your Lab point on pheasant or just flush?

Last edited:
Back