Benelli Super Sport?

N2Guns

Hey guys,

I'm a new guy to really any kind of hunting, but I have done a bit of clay pigeon shooting. I have an opportunity to get a Benelli Super Sport for really, really cheap, but my question is would this be a good gun for pheasant hunting?

The gun would be fine for hunting. But when you run across these really great gun deals ask yourself his question "WHY O'WHY is this gun such a great deal???????"......Bob

I work at a national chain of outdoor stores, that is why I got such a great deal on it. :D It's all about the fringe benefits. I know a lot of folks on here seem to prefer 20ga o/u or sxs, but they are way out of my price range, and I like how cheap 12ga ammo is.

N2Guns all I can say is Benelli rocks!!! I love their guns and I've never had a problem with mine. I love all Benelli shotguns so much I named my first lab...BENELLI! You'll love the gun. Hope you got it.

From my Benelli experiences and trust me I have several...the Super Sport does not fall into the cheap category. If you can get it "cheap" then get several and maybe we can get it cheap too..:p

Of course, I just traded my Legacy off so why do I need another automatic that I can't shoot :eek:

I used to hunt with a Benelli Montefeltro. However, I traded it for a Browning Maxus due to the Maxus having a much softer recoil than the inertia-drive Benelli, especially with 3" shells. However, I shot a friends Super Sport at some clays and think it is a nice gun. Many 12 GA "clays" guns make good hunting guns if they are under 8 lbs.

If it fits/smokes the targets/cycles well, you better buy it!

The gun would be fine for hunting. But when you run across these really great gun deals ask yourself his question "WHY O'WHY is this gun such a great deal???????"......Bob

Good thinking.

That being said, it will serve you well whether hunting or clays.

Last edited:
Benelli Super Sport

I have a Benelli Super Sport II and I love it. I use for both clay birds and for pheasant. For me it comes up naturally and hits where I aim. I feel it is light enough in weight to carry all day. Benellis do not wear out. I have had mine for five years and have had no problems. I would recommend buying the Benelli. Have fun. Both of us bird shooters can't be wrong.

Back