Benelli Legacy 28

pheasantaddict

I think the wife finally found her perfect gun. After years of showing her different guns, I handed her the BL 28 the other day at Scheels. Well now I have to come up with $1700 by next hunting season. It took me about 8 yrs to get the gun I wanted, with the savings always having to go to something else. She figured if she didn't buy clothes and beauty products that we could get the gun in a few months. I figure in about 2 weeks she could have the gun.LOL. Anyone else have this gun and how do you like it?

Don't have one yet, but I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Beautiful gun. I handled one at our local gun shop, wow I love it. But I can't justify a 1700$ piece for the adventures I go on. :(I think it would be a perfect gun for the right person though.

P.s. I anchored quite a few wild roosters out to 35yds with my sxs 28ga this season. Great gauge.:10sign:

Last edited:
Way over priced for a auto loader IMO. It is a very nice light weight gun, that I'm sure a women would even appreciate more. It's just that you could buy a good quality O/U for the same price range. That would out last several of those auto's and should have better handling characteristics.

Have her try a Browning Cynergy Feather. They are as light and with the influx recoil pad. There is little difference in perceived recoil between the guns. Another thing, Benellies have their Benelli thumb problem when loading. Many won't even shoot them on high volume hunts/shoots. I have seen people with their loading thumb taped up because of getting a raw thumb from the hard loading into the mag tube. My wife had a heck of a time with her Benelli and finally traded it off for something that was easier to load.

Quote from a Argentina high volume dicussion

"If they only offer a 20ga Benelli, of any description, take your gun. I have owned and shot all of the 20ga guns Benelli offers in Argentina. I would never again own one, much less carry a Benelli to Argentina, period. The "Benelli thumb" is not a joke and is a dumb and painful way to spend days in the bird field. Most of the quality outfitters have in the past two years switched from Benelli to the 391 Beretta.

The legacy 28 has the same type of loading problem as all other Benellies. Men can many times get passed the problem better then a women. Womens hands and thumb are not as strong or tough as a man. I have seen them have a devil of a time getting the shells into the mag tube. I have a 20ga Montefeltro but it won't be going on any high volume shoots. One of my O/U's will cover that territory.

Onpoint

Back