Benelli 20 Gauge Questions

I am going to try my new 20 gauge some this season. I have gone all non-toxic shot
for a variety of reasons. I am thinking about trying some HS Duck 3"
for pheasants. Has anyone tried these on pheasants. I know they are lethal
on mallards

Benelli Banger is right. I have hunted with the Benelli Montefeltro Super 90 20 gauge for 20 plus years. light weight, 2 3/4 or 3" Holds 5. A simple gun to break down and clean. Get the one that was imported by H&K. Early to mid 90's $700-1000.

Benelli Banger is right. I have hunted with the Benelli Montefeltro Super 90 20 gauge for 20 plus years. light weight, 2 3/4 or 3" Holds 5. A simple gun to break down and clean. Get the one that was imported by H&K. Early to mid 90's $700-1000.

How do the HK imports differ from the new guns, other than the plastic trigger guard?

I heard the guns that have H&K made in Sterling, Virginia were a little more sought after. I'm guessing better materials. And yes the trigger guard is made of a light metal and not plastic. Other than that, it's been a reliable gun for me. I'm sure the newer modeled Motefeltro's are just as good.

You are correct. They are made in Italy, but for a period of time, some of the Benelli's were imported by H&K. I think around 1998 that stopped and Benelli went back to being the primary importer. I'm still trying to find an answer as to why H&K was involved.

Info on early model Benelli Montefeltro Super 90's

SBE-1991,H&K was importing Benelli's from 1983-1997,located in Sterling VA.Newer SBE's have some
Camo options,cryogenic treated barrels,but the same recoil operated system.On some early SBE,you could get another shell into the action,even though you had a plug in the magazine and one in the chamber.You could pull back the bolt and it would allow you to drop another shell into the action,hence,
you would stack another shell, into the gun.

I have hunted with an SBE 12 for years and love it. If a 20 ga 3" packs same leathality of 12 I may be interested in toting a 20 in the filed as opposed to the 12. If Benelli makes one that holds 5, 3" shells that would be the dingles since mine only holds 4.

Seems like they have a lot to choose from. any gurus of the 20 out there?

I think that you can effectively use a 20 even at extended ranges but you must use
a higher end shell. My son uses nothing but a 20 gauge and uses Hevishot shells
and is lethal with them

Back