Been One Hell Of A Ride

henhenROOSTER!!!

Sorry Dudes,
I kinda went totally AWOL on UPH for awhile. Dec & Jan were not kind at all to the pheasant hunter in me. After all the circus of my son's cancer & elderly caretaking & death of my wife's parents over the last couple yrs, I spent from Christmas/NY's "holidays" up to now dealing with my own precious/beloved mother's sudden & totally unexpected rapid-onset of vascular dementia (due to multiple, ongoing mini-strokes) & settling her into her new permanent "home" in a special care alzheimer's/dementia unit. Just for icing on the cake, my dog has a torn ACL & is out of hunting commission until well after surgery sometime next yr + I tore a glute excercising my @$$ off trying to lose weight (didn't even know that was humanly possible prior to now)... :p :D :( :mad:

Got out two times this yr - once for the opener (a total bust bird-wise, but still fun with friends) & once in early Dec with a couple UPH-forum friends (which turned out to be one of the most nostalgic/aesthetically-pleasing, memorable & bird-filled hunts of my entire lifetime). Here's Hoping to get out one last bittersweet time on the final wknd of the CO season - minus my dog, as merely a shooting companion! :cheers:

sorry to hear that!

hope things begin to get better for ya. a few of us are going out on saturday if ur interested.

Rooster, we sure have missed you!!!! Hope everything calms down for you all!!!!

Wow after all of that next few years should be smooth sailing.

Wishing you and your family the best.

Wow that is alot to deal with. Hope everything gets better for you and hopefully you can get out one more time before it is over. If you do get out, at least it can be therapeutic if anything ;).

:cheers:

Man I thought I had bad luck at times until I read your post, hopefully 2012 is better to you there guy...

Roger,
Sorry to hear about your hunting buddy's injury...hopefully he will be better for next season. My prayers are with you and your family and I hope you get better and in shape for next season.

I hope to see you at the Metro Denver PF banquet. I am going to that one and the Pikes Peak banquet down in the Springs.

I haven't been out much since Kansas. I hurt my kneee also trying to stay in shape (playing basketball).....take care and I hope to see you soon.

P.S. We got Colton's pheasant mount from Jim and it looks awesome. He did a very good job.

Greg

Sounds like you bought a Harley HHR

Here's to cruzing 35,000 feet for the rest of 2012!:cheers:

Sorry for the things you have been thru.....I always believe things will get better!
How did that last weekend go for you?

In my thoughts and prayers!

E

Last edited:
Roger,
Lets hook up for next season for sure....you can come out with us to Kansas and hunt....god bless and I hope to see you at the Metro banquet this weekend..

Greg

Back