Bare shelves

jonnyB

Had an opportunity to visit the Cabala's store, Roger's, Mn.and found no shells. To compound matters, one of the clerks said Winchester had a recall on their shells...

Hit & miss out here, but seeing shotgun shells on the shelf is getting better. Not a lot of choices of make & shot size yet yet, however all gauges but .410 are usually available. Runnings in Dickinson has Federal Dakota Country Pheasant for $12.99 and Premium Upland for $25.99. 2 boxes per customer per day. Was in Bismarck on Monday, Scheels had Federal short mags for $20.99, some Kent & S&B. Haven't seen Prairie Storm on the shelf anywhere in ND since last September, good thing I stocked up BB (Before Biden)...

Last edited:
Was at the Cabela’s in Mitchell yesterday and they were pretty stocked with shotgun, pistol, and rifle ammo. The prices though…ouch.

Was at the Cabela’s in Mitchell yesterday and they were pretty stocked with shotgun, pistol, and rifle ammo. The prices though…ouch.
Did they have any prairie storm there? If so I might have to send my in laws over there..

Just a heads up - Scheels in Eden Prairie has Prairie Storm on the shelves right now. 12 gauge, 3 inch and 6,5, and 4 shot. Get 'em before they're gone!

Prarie Storm is a bit much for this 20 GA shooter. My shoulder can barely handle 1 1/4 loads. Thanks for the update, however.

Just a heads up - Scheels in Eden Prairie has Prairie Storm on the shelves right now. 12 gauge, 3 inch and 6,5, and 4 shot. Get 'em before they're gone!
Call me Capt. Obvious, but I can advise 3"ers are no fun to shoot in a 12 gauge Citori Featherweight. That being said if 3" were the only PS available, I would buy some and limit their use to my SX4, BPS, and various 870's. For waterfowl, 99% of the time I shoot 3", and that last 1% is 3.5"...

Last edited:
Was in Bismarck Scheels on Sat, they too had a bunch of 12 gauge 3" 5 shot Prairie Storm...

Call me Capt. Obvious, but I can advise 3"ers are no fun to shoot in a 12 gauge Citori Featherweight.
Agreed, 3 inchers and light weight shotguns don't mix. I won't shoot anything but a 2 3/4 inch through my Montrefelto either because of the massive recoil.

Interesting article on the ammo situation. Sounds like this could last 2 years possibly more. The reason is very simple, the current demand can not be met even with manufacturers producing and shipping more ammo than anytime in past history.

Note: the article was dated last December, but doubt anything has changed.

I heard lead shot may be banned nationwide pretty soon. Unbelievable. That should never happen. Steel shot produces wounded birds.Lead, has knock down quality.

Back