Bad Apples abound!

They post the Wardens logs in a outdoor paper up here as well, sounds like the same things being done, road hunting is always big its warm, and dry and you don't have to drag the deer as far. The talk about NR driving around everywhere reminds me of the area I deer hunt in the mid 80s, there were tons of deer and it got lots of press, so alot of NR would show up and find out there was no land to get on, and no public to speak of, so they would road hunt and shoot at deer chased across the roads. Well now the DNR has messed up are deer hunting, so its not the out of state mecca it was maybe there in KS now.
I still think most violators are locals just dont get caught as easy, they usually know when and where, locals up here are way more of a problem tresspassing, they know if the trucks not around its safe to hunt. I also think many NR think with the time and money they spend they deserve to bring home something.
It does seem the KS boys really have a us against them attitude, you should start to realize the other hunters {most} aren't the problem, its the anti's who will take hunting away from us, numbers are dwindling even though it doesn't seem like it down there.

Back