Backup Gun Rant

It's hard for me to switch guns in the season. I get so used to my O/U Berreta and where the safety switch is. I can shoot another O/U if the safety's are in the same spot. My backup gun story is a tragedy! Went for a day trip and didn't bring a back-up gun because "all my buddies" always bring one. I was shooting a cheap O/U and it failed to fire! Nobody has a spare gun so the guys say to me, "Well it looks like you are out of luck." No I went to the local hardware store and bought a cheap used pump gun like another one I have in my safe. I figured if nothing else it would be a good parts gun. Lesson learned, never leave home without at least one back-up gun.

It's hard for me to switch guns in the season. I get so used to my O/U Berreta and where the safety switch is. I can shoot another O/U if the safety's are in the same spot. My backup gun story is a tragedy! Went for a day trip and didn't bring a back-up gun because "all my buddies" always bring one. I was shooting a cheap O/U and it failed to fire! Nobody has a spare gun so the guys say to me, "Well it looks like you are out of luck." No I went to the local hardware store and bought a cheap used pump gun like another one I have in my safe. I figured if nothing else it would be a good parts gun. Lesson learned, never leave home without at least one back-up gun.
The argument for a second 690 Field is starting to look very practical and appealing! 🙄

Breaking a pool cue over my knee when it doesn't perform is a lot more satisfying than breaking an Italian steelium shotgun over my knee. That would just hurt...and I know better.
Sometimes that thing between the ears gets in the way. you had confidence in your Beretta now you were forced to use a gun that you hadn't used for a while. Confidence is everything.

I switch off between my BUL 12 and my Cynergy 20 often enough that they both feel like go-to guns, but I won’t mention which one I like better. I usually let wind speed determine which one gets the nod.

Back