B&P MB Long Range Ammo

Curious

I would like to get people's opinion on these particular shells. I was thinking of buying these shells for the upcoming season but no one I know has ever used them or knows anything about them. Just wondering because they are about $40 cheaper per flat than the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant on Cabela's.

Sorry if this has been talked about/beat up already but I tried to search the site for "B&P" to get peoples opinion and came up no matches. Thanks

ammo

Dear friend ,as someone who reloads all their own ammo i can tell you that you do get what you pay for. Think about it $35,000 for a truck....$1000 for a dog + traing exspences...$1500 for a gun.....$500 on clothing....$200 on hunting trips.....so $40 extra an ammo...now is not the time 2b cheap.

Like these shells, kill dead,not brain nockers every time you pull the trigger. If you buy them cut one open,the shot is identical,no cut off lead,Not that it matters but I am pretty sure the big springer clubs have their gunners shooting these in there trials, and those guys can shoot birds a long way. Just my 2 cents

Good shells
1 1/4s as opposed to 1 3/8 in the 12 GP, I believe...is that extra few pellets a plus?.... likely not much, maybe at the odd time.
So, place the importance yourself.

Any load is very seldom if ever the determining factor for hitting or missing or killing a gamebird and while $$$$s can be an indicator of good, it is never a guarantor of good or best use of those $$$s.
Shells always take way to much blame when things go south on a shot.

B&Ps would not equate to cheap, promotional shells. There one gets bargain components in a shell built to sell low.
The choice of either mentioned shell is all about preference, not performance.
The dislike of either is all about personal anecdotal evidence taken as gospel for all time....for everyone.
Bad idea that.

david0311

I would like to get people's opinion on these particular shells. I was thinking of buying these shells for the upcoming season but no one I know has ever used them or knows anything about them. Just wondering because they are about $40 cheaper per flat than the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant on Cabela's.

Sorry if this has been talked about/beat up already but I tried to search the site for "B&P" to get peoples opinion and came up no matches. Thanks

USED THEM IN SD LAST YEAR IN .12 AND .28 very satisfied --normally use Federal and Kent--will be using again this year again--dc

B&P is a top quality shell. They manufacture their own components in-house, they actually produce the wads for Fiocchi.

I have dissected their MB Long Range shells & compared them w/ a dozen other manufacturers for shot hardness & consistency & they rated at or near the top in both categories.

That being said, they may or may not shoot better in your gun than other shells, you'll need to try them to find out. As another poster alluded, misses on birds are caused by not putting the gun in the right place, not by the shell.

My reason for using the B&Ps is because they make a consistently good product, for a reasonable price, & deliver it to my front door.

I've used their 16 ga. shells with excellent results both in my field trials and hunting pheasants. Problem is the 16 ga. shells have not been available for quite some time from B&P. Not sure what the problem is. Probably related to the rest of the ammo shortage we are seeing??? :confused:

Like many have said in many ammo debates; what works well from your gun. I know one fella out where I hunt that has a tricked out, couple thousand $$$$ rifle spent almost as much on reloading supplies and fancy match grade ammo and the only thing that will group out of it are 20 dollar a box cor loks from Remington.

Hi Guys,
I am the new importer for B&P. I have plenty of MB Long Range 1 1/4oz Nickel Plated shells in stock for $147.50 delivered to your door. I also have some 12g 1 1/5oz and 20g Nickel Plated loads. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I believe you will not be dissappointed with their performance.

How about 16 ga.?

Back