Anyone finding any 16 ga Shells

Dakotazeb

I was in Runnings today in Watertown, SD. The only shotgun shells they had were 16 ga. They had a half dozen boxes of both Federal PF and Prairie Storm all in #4 shot. I don't care for the high velocity of either of those loads and don't use 4 shot so I passed.

Seems Running's has a direct pipeline to Federal. I was in their St Cloud store two days ago and they had a fair amount of Federals in 12ga and 16ga. Of course, I'm looking for Kent bismuth in 16ga.

Midway USA has been having a variety of lead 16s. I posted that on April 1.

Keep checking ever so often as a varity of shells have popped up.

This shell shortage isnt really going extend into this Fall again, is it? This is crazy.
I have shot 9mm or .223 in over a year due to the cost of replacing ammo

With these prolonged shortages, I sometimes speculate whether the shot shell makers are holding off until closer to the hunting season, then flood the market as a way to defeat the gougers?

What about all the clay target leagues out there ?

Shells are about double the price and sell out on line in about an hour or less.

With these prolonged shortages, I sometimes speculate whether the shot shell makers are holding off until closer to the hunting season, then flood the market as a way to defeat the gougers?

My speculation is they're shipping everything as fast as it can be produced and they don't care who's hands it lands in, as long as their profit margin is realized and the money comes back to them.

Saw some today at our Walmart store along with some 410, 12, 20, and .22 ammo. Picked up 300 rounds of 12 gauge in target load (Winchester)for
80 dollars, bulk box of .22 of Federal (325 rounds) for 17.73 . Day before picked up 300 rounds of 20 gauge in target loads for 80 dollars also. Stopped at our local Fleet Farm store on the way home and picked up 2 boxes of 9mm at 15.99 a box of 50 and also a box of 500 Aguila .22 LR for 36 dollars. Overall a good two days only thing I could not find was some .44 magnums. Search goes on for that.

Scheels in Sioux City has PS in 16 gauge 6s...limit of 10 boxes on shotgun shells. No primers, few powders (they DID have Longshot-use in my pheasant loads and WSF which I use in my 9mm, have a deep supply of everything already), decent supply of bullets, some 40 S&W ammo didn't see any 9mm. Had shot, $49.99 I thought I saw. Lots of handguns, shotguns and some rifles.

Traveling around today I happened to stop into a store today (the store and location shall remain anonymous) and they had very few shotgun shells. But, they did have several boxes of 16 ga. They had one box of Brrowning 1 1/8 oz. loads in #6, which I bought. They had 3-4 boxes of Prairie Storm #4 shot, which I didn't want. 2 boxes of Kent Fast Lead 1 oz loads in #5 and 2-3 boxes of Winchester 1 1/8 oz. I believe #6 shot. I'm now regretting that I didn't buy the Kents and Winchesters. Not that I need them but just because of the ammo shortage.

was in kones korner 2 weeks ago, think they had some, but you've probably been there? I was mainly looking for 28 gauge shells...

All I see are 28ga and 16ga, but hard to find 12. I've been going to the same store for 2 months and the sames boxes of subgauge remain on the shelf.

Yesterday I was in a local WalMart and they had 1 box of Winchester Super X High Brass , 16 gauge1 1/8 ounce of #6's for $13.99. I have plenty of 16 gauge pheasant loads so left them. But they are around; it just takes time and gas to find them and you can't hesitate or be too picky, or they're gone.

Back