Anyone familiar with Vizslas?

AFields170

I owns a 2 year old female Vizsla. She’s an excellent loving dog. Other than being a little tired sometimes she’s a good outdoors dog. She is trained to find and retrieve deer antlers. Having the incredible nose that she does, I would love to put it to work on pheasants. She has a very high catch and retrieve drive so I expect her to be a good fit for the task! Anybody else use or used to have a Vizsla?

I agree with everyone else on here. I have a Vizsla and if you start bird intro and gun intro appropriately I don't see any issue here. Mine didn't really calm down/ figure out wild birds until she was 2 to 2.5 yrs old. Good luck.

I owns a 2 year old female Vizsla. She’s an excellent loving dog. Other than being a little tired sometimes she’s a good outdoors dog. She is trained to find and retrieve deer antlers. Having the incredible nose that she does, I would love to put it to work on pheasants. She has a very high catch and retrieve drive so I expect her to be a good fit for the task! Anybody else use or used to have a Vizsla?

in what way does she seem tired? most V's are a little soft and sensitive. i had one for 14 years and he was a pheasant hunting fool.

The pups are doing well. At least the 3 that are hunting dogs that I have contact with. Not quite 5 months old yet but 2 out of the 3 retrieve pretty well already. 1 likes to chew still but we just kind of let them be puppies. All 3 point and are very stylish. Whether it be a planted bird or a cornstalk! Drive is pretty high in all 3. The other 2 pups went to colorado somewhere. One is a house pet. I think the other one will get hunted some. I kept the little female.

That's awesome! They should make some really nice hunting dogs. Glad to hear that they are doing so well! Sitka sired a pup that turned out to be a search and rescue dog - Found someone lost a while back. That, was just awesome.

Back