Anyone else going out this weekend?

Buddy and I are heading out this weekend. Gonna romp Missouri on Saturday and Kansas on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully I can get the new go-pro camera to work. And hopefully we put more big birds in the air this time. I love quail hunting but I need a good pheasant run.

Stayed in Missouri. Hunted in the snow. Last run after the missouri bobs.

Last edited:
THANKS for sharing....I gave up my last week to hunt MO and went to Kansas instead.....I think I could have found as many birds in Missouri....oh well...I'm hoping to get back to Kansas next week for last couple days of the season...

Saw two coveys on the road the last week. Better season this year. Usually shot a couple quail a 2.5 hour hunt. Seeing birds more places, including my yard. Could have shot more, investment for next year. Winter looks favorable. Need more dogs.

Headed to kansas tomorrow. Hopefully won't have an issue with muddy roads. If you see a gray tacoma with a wooden box stuck in the mud, please stop.

Will do. Dont know if I can pull you out though. I just bought a hunting only mobile. S10 chevy truck with a camper shell on it. See if my dogs like riding in it better than the box! Better gas mileage and its 4 wheel drive. What area you gonna be in. Ill be in the Washington area on Saturday and abilene on sunday.

good luck guys...save some birds for me....yes the roads this time of year are....BAD....I didn't think I'd make it out of first place I hunted last week..was 60 degrees and SLOPPY...I got rid of my pick up truck few years ago and got a Toyota RAV4....4WD ...light...and 30mpg. that's what allows me to do all the bird hunting that I do....I could NEVER afford it otherwise...

What I like about the S10 truck with the camper shell on it is you can throw open the sliding glass window and it gets warm under the camper shell thats over the bed. That way my vest and gun dont freeze in the storage compartment of the dog box. I just put a giant dog bed in back and the pups just lay down on it. More room for them than in a dog box too. They arent near as stiff after being bound up in the box. As long as you have dogs that are disciplined and wont mess things up back there its a great way to hunt and travel.

Not sure where I will go. Probably the middle of the state. Quail is main quarry. Looking for new places. Check the weather and see where snow was lighter. Then try to find some new places closer to NW Missouri for some day hunts next week.

It helps that gas is cheap these days. Makes me drive a lot more scouting. Before I would just see a place and check it out. Now I drive it first and check out as much as possible before I hunt.

yes...cheap gas ROCKS....best of luck to you guys...post pictures....I need to find new areas also....just need to make a plan and do it. I'm hoping to hunt at least 1 day of private ground with a buddy from Topeka. I will be out there Thurs-Saturday. have to be home to go to work on Sunday. Makes for a very LOONG day on Saturday....hunt then at least 6 hour ride home...but it's the last week of the season HAVE TO GO.

Im doing the same thing Sunday. Hunt all day then drive home. Im hunting with some guys on private ground. But they are all leaving sunday morning. Gonna reserve that day to try and find a prairie chicken. Hopefully the weather makes it easier. Prepared to do a lot of walking thats for sure.

Back