Another warm up coming!!!☀️☀️☀️

Re-read my post from earlier this morning. It's what prompted my question to the expert I quoted above. I saw a rooster eject nearly every last tail feather with my dog in hot pursuit. No, not like a bunch of bottle rockets, but they fell out, all at once, as he was running, with zero outside force applied. Didn't save him that time though. 😉
Some guys won't believe it if they hadn't seen it with there own eyes. I have roos come back pretty often missing tail feathers. I know a couple times my big lab grabbed them by the tails and shook them out. But mostly he doesn't do that and still comes back without feathers. For sure there's something to tail ejection

Maybe extract easier, but not eject. Like a SxS. Still takes a mouthful of tail feathers to remove them. Talk to people that catch them at game farms or raise them. Never grab them by the tail, ruins the "trophy"
No not with a dog's mouth. Sometimes those roosters just shoot them out on their own. Seen it.

Do we believe what we see or see what we believe?? If every running bird ejected tail feathers with zero outside force applied by a predator (dog), there would be a high percentage of tail less birds out there at the end of the season. How about tail less hens, or just roosters?? How about other birds with shorter tail feathers?? Do flying birds eject tail feathers? My research has indicated those ejected tail feathers contain a small amount of canine saliva left as evidence. Just sayin'

Back