Another one from KS

Derek Sears

Looking forward to participating on this forum. I've been hunting SW KS for the past 15 years, still hitting the same spots my father found 35 years ago. I live just south of KC and manage to make 3-4 trips west every year. I am a waterfowler first, but nothing matches the rush of having a rooster flush under your feet.

Last edited:
Welcome.
We have waterfowl hunters on here also. Like Myself
What type of dog do you have?

2.5yo BLM Gamegetter's Coal Mine aka "Cole", I'll try to get some pics up of him. He's a duck dog first and foremost but has one heck of a nose. No formal upland training and he flushed over 20 roosters in 2 trips out last year. We're excited to get after it next week!

Welcome Derek , I live south of olathe 10 miles welcome to the site. I love SW ks we hunt out there and make a yearly trip to ride the river near Garden City.

Welcome to UPH Derek, Nice to have you here. Drop by and see us often.......Bob

Looking forward to participating on this forum. I've been hunting SW KS for the past 15 years, still hitting the same spots my father found 35 years ago. I live just south of KC and manage to make 3-4 trips west every year. I am a waterfowler first, but nothing matches the rush of have a rooster flush under your feet.

Another Kansas boy. You guys are true hunters down there in that great state of KS.

I haven't made it to a Kansas City Royals game yet. I'll probably make it this next year when the Twins visit. Too bad KC hasn't had a team in years!

Ryan

Back