And you guys thought the Twin's stink

carptom1

The royals managed to get swept at home by a mash unit of twins. This team is once again freakin ridiculous. We showed absolutely no heart in this series at all. We have no true power hitter, and a bunch of starting pitchers that would not even make most rosters in the american league. Billy Butler has got to go. You can't have a singles hitter, with no speed or power, playing DH. DH in the american league should be a power position. Our DH has 4 homers as we are nearing the half way point in the season. Also he can't play defense at all. Just fed up with it, have been a huge baseball fan my whole life. I don't want to hear the small market crap, the Twins have been decent in the last few years and their metro area is smaller than KC. Heck even in the craphole that is Detroit, they won a series a few years ago. I need something to kick. I won't kick my dog, so maybe I can catch one of the kids........................:)

The Twins were due to finally play some decent ball. Too bad it happened against the Royals. We'll see if they can continue their winning ways in Cleveland. I think most of the Twins are a bunch of weenies. Every time one of them as a little hurt they have to sit out a few games or go on the DL. Whatever happened to playing with a little pain. These last 2 games in KC they only had 4 starters that were in the starting lineup on opening day. the rest were in AAA ball. Amazing they can win at all.

twinkies

I caught a couple innings the other day on TV. Dropped balls, poor fielding,
all signs of lousy morale. "Stick a fork in them they are done" was how they looked last week. Don't know whats wrong but they have some problems there.

The royals managed to get swept at home by a mash unit of twins. This team is once again freakin ridiculous. We showed absolutely no heart in this series at all. We have no true power hitter, and a bunch of starting pitchers that would not even make most rosters in the american league. Billy Butler has got to go. You can't have a singles hitter, with no speed or power, playing DH. DH in the american league should be a power position. Our DH has 4 homers as we are nearing the half way point in the season. Also he can't play defense at all. Just fed up with it, have been a huge baseball fan my whole life. I don't want to hear the small market crap, the Twins have been decent in the last few years and their metro area is smaller than KC. Heck even in the craphole that is Detroit, they won a series a few years ago. I need something to kick. I won't kick my dog, so maybe I can catch one of the kids........................:)

I feel your pain brother! I'd kick the kids but their little league ball team is undefeated.....maybe I'll let 'em spend a couple days of their summer break educating the Royals on respect for the game/field and how to make up w/ effort what they may lack in talent.

Bet the Royals finish behind the Twins in the division. Billy Butler has to be the worst RBI DH in history. All hits are in meaningless mop up innings, all they due is create stats not wins. Reminds me of the other "face" of the Royals, Mike Sweeney, with less power, at least he stays healthy. Nobody should be safe, We had Tony Pena Jr. at short, got rid of him,now have another Minnie Mendoza at short. Escobar is a fielding demon but can you afford a sub .200 hitter on a 1 for 26 streak? Ecobar looks as lost at the plate as he is comfortable in the field. Pitching??? went south when our stopper, journeyman Bruce Chen went on the DL. Any hope of pitching relief from the minors is dream, anybody close, and some who aren't are already here. Hard to win with a 36 million payroll, but you can go to the "new" K and play with the kids on all the new attractions, except a winning team.

Thanks for bringing up Mike Sweeney again. My wife finally broke me of bitchin about him 2 or 3 years ago. Hell when I saw him playing for the A's it would start up again. What a freakin loser. I think his signing that big contract, started this great suck the Royals are on. When they signed him they decided they could not afford players like Dye, Damon, and Beltran. Then we had to listen to his beliefs on God worked into every conversation. Listen I go to church every Sunday, try to be a good husband, father and worker. If he was such a good person, maybe he could have given us back some of the millions he sucked up being on the DL 60% of his career here. I know it is hard to win with a 36million payroll But, it wasn't that long ago that we had a 60 million payroll and still sucked. Lastly, if Jason Kendall comes back to be our catcher EVER, my anger may really get serious. What can we expect with the " King of Walmart " running our team. He runs it like he is " Rolling Back Prices".

Last edited:
I don't think they stink, they just have no real true team. only two players have not been or are hurt. Hard to be good running a minor league team. If they could get the whole team back they would be the Twins again. It may just be next season, but they will be back. Here is an article to enlighten folks about what this team has had going on.

2011 Minnesota Twins, cursed?

Posted by andrew.scheibe
May 10, 2011

http://www.twinsterritorytalk.com/2011/05/2011-minnesota-twins-cursed/
Take one look at the starting lineup for the Twins Tuesday and it is hard not to think about all of the injuries this team has had to deal with. It started with the broken leg of Tsuyoshi Nishioka. Then Kevin Slowey hit the DL. Following Slowey to the disabled list would be Joe Mauer, the biggest blow the Twins have had so far. And it didn’t end with Mauer going on the shelf. Delmon Young would soon head to the DL with sore ribs, Jim Thome followed him shortly after with a strained oblique. Typing al of that wore me out, just imagine how Ron Gardenhire has to feel when he looks at his roster and has to come up with a lineup. Trevor Plouffe was called up when Thome hit the DL with the hopes of bringing some stability to the shortstop position. He had a big game in his season debut, but he would wind up injuring his hamstring at the end of what was just his third game. It just seems like the injuries don’t stop. Even the guys who aren’t hurt all seem to be getting sick at least. Francisco Liriano threw a no-hitter and followed it up with a sore throat and had to be pushed back a day. Justin Morneau got the flu a few weeks back and ended up losing around 15 pounds and he looks noticeably thinner. Where does the madness end?
All of these things lead me to my point. Are the 2011 Twins cursed? Haha, okay I don’t believe that, but my goodness, that’s how crazy things are getting at this point. No one can stay on the field long enough to find a groove and the offense clearly reflects that. Jason Kubel and Denard Span have stayed healthy so far and have been productive but they’re the only two guys who can really say they’ve done both this season.
In all of my years watching baseball I have never seen a club have this much turnover on their roster in such a short period of time. It is no wonder they are in the basement of the AL Central. There is still talent on the roster, but at what point do all of these losses add up to a lost season? It sounds like the Twins are shooting for Mauer to be back before June 1st, but that’s three weeks away. I can’t imagine this team can do a whole lot of winning with Drew Butera and Rene Rivera giving away outs on a nightly basis. How long can the Twins survive with Ben Revere or Rene Tosoni in the everyday lineup? At what point does the black cat run across the field or does some sort of goat show up at Target Field? That’s what this all feels like. It feels like one long, extended nightmare that has no end in sight.
Delmon Young did play in an extended spring training game today and appears to be on his way back, but who knows what he will be able to do when he returns, since he wasn’t hitting before the injury. I haven’t heard much about Thome and nobody seems to know about Mauer. I have conceded that the lineup will look like that of the Rochester Red Wings at this point, but I don’t know if I can take watching this much more.

Carptom, Just another sign of the appocalypse Kendall took batting practice yesterday! Anxious to resume his role as one of our 3 180 hitting catchers. Wonder if there's a vegas line on when Kendall gets a extra base hit? Well at least Guillen is gone. my experience is when a guy is busy telling you what a pious man he is,you better sit hard on your wallet!!!!

Carptom, Just another sign of the appocalypse Kendall took batting practice yesterday! Anxious to resume his role as one of our 3 180 hitting catchers. Wonder if there's a vegas line on when Kendall gets a extra base hit? Well at least Guillen is gone. my experience is when a guy is busy telling you what a pious man he is,you better sit hard on your wallet!!!!

I understand that they think he is better with the pitchers, but my God he couldn't throw me out at second and i have two bad Knees and have become kinda of a fatass. I totally agree with you about Escobar. I love watching him play in the field, but the guy can't even bunt. If nothing else i would teach the guy to do that. Early in the season we were stealing bases and fundementally playing well. Getz and Aviles need to go also. Too many slap hitters on this team. We need some major help. We are expecting others castoffs to be stars in our lineup. Untill baseball adopts a true salary cap, it will never be right for us "small market teams". Do you really think the penalty that a big team such as Boston or New York pays for being over really matters to them. Their owners don't care about turning a profit on the team. If Kauffman was still alive I will guarantee that we wouldn't be losing 100+ games a year. With the " king of Walmart" at the helm i will bet he turns a profit. It's sick. Than you have the crap of the GM telling us last year that if reached 2m a year in attendance they would spend more money on the team. Listen dumbass if you expect me to spend a buck-fifty taking my family to watch this collection play bad baseball your crazy. Heck i can do that at my kids little leaugue team for free. Listen if you want us to come out to the stadium, PUT A GOOD PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. It's amazing if they would even play .500 ball, I would go out 4-5 times a year or more. I have to believe it is our ownership. I think Dayton Moore is a good baseball guy with a tight-fisted owner. This isn't Walmart, you are not going to run the other teams out of business. I long for the days of us being in contention past april. Oh well guess I will just look forward to hunting season.................

Hey guys it could be worst you could be a CUBS fan :(

yea, but at least you have a cool place to watch a game. You are one fan that I would have empathy for. At least we don't have the fans working against us too. Another great one for the Royals last night. Hard to win when you have two throwing errors on the same play in the first inning. Then follow it up with a single and then a batting practice fastball deposited in the right field seats. 3-0 before i even got settled in the easy chair. Gee don't see how we lost, Mazzaro gave up 14 earned runs in his last start. At least he is making progress:eek:Spent the rest of the evenig watching untimely hitting and mediocre pitching. Ended up losing 8-5. Bad when the announcers say " looks like KC's scoring slump is over". Listen I take no consolation in SCORING 5 WHEN THE OTHER TEAM SCORES 8.:mad: Nice.

yea, but at least you have a cool place to watch a game. QUOTE]

Yeah it's neat place to visit, but it smells like pee all the time and beers are $10 and I heard that might be sacrificing a goat at the end of the week to get off their losing streak.

Back