already planning a hunt

gsp4life

just curious on how many people are already planning a hunt this year. i know i sure am and cant wait. trying to find people to go with me this year as all my friends dont hunt as much as i do. so maybe would want to hook up for a weekend and do some pheasant hunting in kansas. i live in colorado and have a couple shorthairs that are awesome hunters.

Yes, I've begun planning trips for next year. I don't care too much for the opener crowds, but I plan to go to maintain the tradition. Like you, my "friends" don't hunt much either. None of them will use their vacation time to plan hunts with:mad: That leaves me with no other option than to recruit new hunting partners from this site. If you make any plans to hunt on Fridays, let me know. I have Fridays off and usually spend them hunting alone b/c most people are working.

There are times I feel doing the planning and the packing are more fun than the hunt. But I do love to get and see Tony work. Really shooting a bird or 2 is secondary with me. I have a built in partner in my son. But during the week I do a lot of hunting alone. I have one buddy, but he is older than me and likes to go just a few days a week.---Bob

yes absolutly i have been planning since the last day of the season feel free to contact me and consider yourself invited anytime.:cheers:

thanks for the replys. i'm always trying to find people to go with but everytime i ask someone they got better things to do. well my better things to do is going hunting. i always save my vac. time to go. i've always been going to the wakenney and hill city area in kansas but am always up to try somewhere new thanks alot guys this site is awesome

hunting buddies

I live in Grainfield wich is only 30 minutes west of wakeneyso feel free to drop me a lineand we will defenetly make plansto go:cheers:

Any time you find your way to MN, drop me a line. I would be glad to join up with someone. I have a few buddies that I hunt with all the time, but we are always looking for more people to hunt with.

hunting guest

thanks for the invite maybe sometime we can get together either here or their:cheers:

I'm always planning something that has to do with hunting. I'm headed to OKC next weekend for my first Oklahoma Fun Hunt. It's a half day hunt with lunch and then sporting clays, five stand, and wobble trap in the afternoon. I'm taking my GSP TAZ and look to have a good time. Is anyone else on this forum headed that way?

We are planning on hunting in South Dakota this year. It will be our third year hunting out there. My boys went last year and we are all looking forward to getting
back out there. We picked up a lab pup on our second trip out there last fall so we are very excited about taking him with us this year.

Scott

Always planning!

I have already planned the annual trip to freelance Alberta in Sept for Geese and Huns. Have been doing this trip for 16 years and wouldn't miss it. Also hope to get to SD around Christmas for some roosters. If not SD I will hopefully get to NE and get some use out of my Lifetime License while visiting relatives. Maybe an Eastern MT combo waterfowl/upland hunt.
It seems I am planning hunting/fishing trips year round. Whether for the upcoming season or for the future.

Keep on planning! :cheers:

Last edited:
We have hunted the Huron/Redfield area but I think we may try the Aberdeen area this fall. Mostly public land, but we have hunted private land a couple of days. Waterfowl areas near corn have been great for us. Not as much pressure in the cattails and there is plenty of birds.

Scott

I never hunted Kansas

I would love to try Kansas once. I hunt ND. I have my 3 weeks planned already for ND. Then I have a week in the summer for wifey and me. One more week to hunt anywhere else or back to ND. I love pheasant hunting! I have two Vizsla's that are excellent. Only other hunting is Coyote.

Lazlo

Back