A little R&R

Whizbang

My wife and I had a day off together last week, so decided to hit the Yellowstone River that borders our place. Found a nice little hole to sit back, have a cold one, and catch a few!

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

Now to get ready for upland birds!

Just beautiful. Nice smallies.:10sign:

Nice photos and some dandy fish!!! Thanks for sharing!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

Your in a nice place, Good fishing, good hunting.
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Have to agree with you there. Makes me wonder why we spent the last 8 years in TN, I've missed out on alot of hunting and fishing, but I do have time to make up for some of that! Just need to buy a cow or two now to put out on the back 40! :)

Have to agree with you there. Makes me wonder why we spent the last 8 years in TN, I've missed out on alot of hunting and fishing, but I do have time to make up for some of that! Just need to buy a cow or two now to put out on the back 40! :)

Sounds to me, your a man with a plan. Great pics thanks for sharing them.:10sign:

Whizbang, TN to MT you done good, not that TN is a bad place, but it ain't Montana.
I love that Yellowstone country, done a lot of hunting up in that Terry- Glendive area.

Whizbang, TN to MT you done good, not that TN is a bad place, but it ain't Montana.
I love that Yellowstone country, done a lot of hunting up in that Terry- Glendive area.

We're halfway between Miles City and Terry. Our place has about a mile of Yellowstone River frontage....I can hunt ducks and geese, turkey, pheasants, and both mulies and whitetails without ever leaving my property...not to mention the fishing! I put all the catfish back. They are tastier later in the year, and in the spring....now the smallies are a different story! :) Along with walleye and sauger, they end up fileted and frozen!:rolleyes:

I was in that area many years ago. I had a great time, I wish I was still close enough to do it again.......Bob

:coolpics::coolpics::10sign: Is the duck hunting good and are the winters bad there? I just got back from a vacation to yellowstone blackhills, really cool places. Did you hear a horn from a blue tahoe I honk at all the fisherman and rafters I see :)

:coolpics::coolpics::10sign: Is the duck hunting good and are the winters bad there? I just got back from a vacation to yellowstone blackhills, really cool places. Did you hear a horn from a blue tahoe I honk at all the fisherman and rafters I see :)

Waterfowl hunting is absolutely fantastic up here. Lots of locals, and it gets really hot when the northern flocks come down. Things have changed...alot more local geese and ducks than what I remember from years ago. I had over 1000 geese in the hay barley field the other morning...never used to see geese until the weather started to change in Saskatchewan.

As for winters....well, they can be pretty brutal. If our moisture pattern holds like it has for this past spring and summer, we could be in for ALOT of snow this year. Just have to wait and see.

Sold dogs in Glendive and Colstrip. Did not know you had smallies in that part of the creek. Also have friends kid in Miles City at cowboy school.

Fishing at Glendo, WY for walleye. Sunday. Mike Petsch and Pudelpointer Stub. The gal in the front is Mike's sister Robbin. It's her boat and she knows how to fish! I took pic from my boat.

Looks and sounds like you have the ideal place, Whizbang. I've thought about driving out to that area to do some bird hunting some day. I do plan to go to a NSTRA field trial in the spring up by Savage.

well ya'll just need to make a stopover around here and lets do some fishin'! What sort of dogs are you marketing Buck?

Back