a few questions about my new 391 urika 2

Mild Bill

I finally scratched the itch and procured a new 391 urika 2 synthetic shotgun, and have a few questions.

Among all the extra stuff that came with it was a stock spacer that would go on the butt of the stock. Can this be used with the stock spacer already in the gun to lengthen the stock, or is it intended to be used instead of the one they put in to shorten the length of pull?

I also see that it came with the parts of attaching a sling, however I need to find a sling that does not come with the sling swivel attachments already sewn onto the ends, and these have the loops for attaching the sling. I like the Avery neoprene slings but have not found one that does not already have the Uncle mike swivel attachment sewn permanently on to it.

Any sling recommendations that would work?

Thanks

Can't help you with the sling. As for the spacers...

You wouldn't be referring to a butt plate would you?

I have a fairly new Urika 2, although not a synthetic model that came with a recoil pad and an optional butt plate. The butt plate was all plastic, and just screws into the end of the stock as would the recoil pad. I'm not aware of additional spacers to increase or decrease stock length of pull, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't doing it.

The only thing I can think of is with the fancier models of Urika2's, ala Technys, where two different thicknesses of recoil pads were included.

Can you share a picture?

Ok, from doing a little searching it appears that the Urika 2 synthetic does come with 2 spacers that adjust length of pull. I haven't been able to get a picture of one so the offer still stands on posting a pic.

As for using both spacers simultaneously, I guess that would depend on the length of the screws. My guess it would be either or but don't quote me on that. :confused:

I am curious though as to how Beretta accomplishes this as any time you lengthen the stock the recoil pad will no longer be a good clean fit?

I will try to have a picture up here in about a half an hour give or take.

it works because the new synthetic stocks are now built to be able to install a kick-off and the spacers do not taper, the photo will show what I am trying to say.

Thanks

OK,

Here are the pictures. And some measurement information. The spacer in the gun at this time is 1" thick and the LOP as it is, is 14.5". the spacer in the photos that is not installed in 1/2" thick. Now for me 15" LOP when I am not wearing winter clothes is about right.

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

I see what your saying, just not sure you can put one over the top of the other.

One way to find out though.....:)

I believe you have managed to find the answer. Any and or all in combination. Suspect you can even get more, and longer screws from Beretta. Seems like a lot of work though, I'd be glad to take it off your hands!!!! So you could get something simple. Good Luck, certainly one of the highest rated auto's out there.

Back