9-4-10 fishing

birdman652001

went fishing on the river this morning a friend of mine...

first fish of the morning at 830-845am was this little bugger. date is wrong on the camera. its suppose to be 9-4-10

after i held this fish, it shook and it scraped one of my fingers on it's gill but was a damn good fight bringing him up... had to take a pic.. did a catch and release.

was a good morning!!

caught a few small mouth bass and was hoping to catch some walleyes...

S6301428.jpg

S6301429.jpg

nice fish birdman, :coolpics: thats the way start the day. northerns can shure put up a fight.:10sign:

B-Man, nice fish. The wife and I are heading out on River at Pickstown this morning. Reports have not been good all summer and the locals that drag bottom bouncers have gone to trolling deep plugs. We'll stick with the bouncers and see what we get.

Hope to have some pics later on.

I love those northerns pickled. I wish we had them out here in the west. I miss them they are good eating and fun to catch.........Bob

B-Man, nice fish. The wife and I are heading out on River at Pickstown this morning. Reports have not been good all summer and the locals that drag bottom bouncers have gone to trolling deep plugs. We'll stick with the bouncers and see what we get.

Hope to have some pics later on.

I used a bottom drag on this... Jon told me best time to be using as bait this time of year is worms or leeches. I had one northern bite my string off so the second hook installed, thats when i caught this. Jon (my fishing partner) told me its not often he brings up a northern but get a chewed off string... but in my case, i jerked up soon enuf that the hook caught him instead. he didnt put up much of a fight but fought abit when he surface.

last time i caught and reeled in a northern was when i was 11 years old.

fish are starting to bite now. yellow bass have been crazy lately. had 2 different musky follow to boat last friday one was in the mid 20" class the other was a mid 40 " fish. wish i could get a strike. had 4 follows this summer.

Back