80 degrees in Pierre

I just saw it is around 80 degrees in Pierre S.D. and going to drop down a little to the mid 70s the next couple of days. I think I will take a fishing pole some sun block and a pair of shorts.
I can see it now hunting with both camel backs on my back, one for the pups and one for me, my cowboy hat on with shorts and chaps as well . Not a pretty site I assure you. And on top of that we can not hunt until noon. I saw they have a chance of rain and that will probably stop the harvest. What are your thoughts guys. 80 degree weather is going to be hard on the dogs as well as the hunters. Make sure you have plenty of water. The smartest thing I did was buy 2 bright orange camelbacks. I fill both of them up in the morning, wear one at a time of course than if I empty them I have a 5 gallon water contaier in the back of the Ford truck. I carry a small folding dog dish for the pups, they can catch the water as it comes out of the camelback but they loose lots that way so the folding dish works great. :(

I just saw it is around 80 degrees in Pierre S.D. and going to drop down a little to the mid 70s the next couple of days. I think I will take a fishing pole some sun block and a pair of shorts.
I can see it now hunting with both camel backs on my back, one for the pups and one for me, my cowboy hat on with shorts and chaps as well . Not a pretty site I assure you. And on top of that we can not hunt until noon. I saw they have a chance of rain and that will probably stop the harvest. What are your thoughts guys. 80 degree weather is going to be hard on the dogs as well as the hunters. Make sure you have plenty of water. The smartest thing I did was buy 2 bright orange camelbacks. I fill both of them up in the morning, wear one at a time of course than if I empty them I have a 5 gallon water contaier in the back of the Ford truck. I carry a small folding dog dish for the pups, they can catch the water as it comes out of the camelback but they loose lots that way so the folding dish works great. :(

been 80's for the last few days.. wont last long though... I do live in Pierre, sd

Birdman,
Do you think it would be worth my time to bring a fishing rod to fish in the area there probably below the dam.
thanks

depends on what day youre thinking of doing it. so far we're gonna have 20% chance rain this weekend... usually with 20% number, it doesnt rain, it'll definately rain if its over 30%. i see its only gonna be 65 degrees on tues but the temp then goes back up to 75's which is still a good warm weather.

but it'll be cold this weekend to tues, but after that i see the temp gradually goes back up... tmr will be the temp of 86 degrees.

i would rely on www.keloland.com for weather and click on weather on the left side, then click on central (KPLO) and see the 7 day forcast and go from there.

typical early season weather, very dangerous for the canines, keep their runs short and provide plenty of water.

Birdman,
Thanks for the web site, it helps plan for the hunt, yeh we will need plenty of water for the pups and for ourselves.
Be careful guys and watch out for your pups.
One of my friends is bringing his son on his first pheasant hunt, I told him, the son, that my dogs are worth about $10000 apiece, of course they arent, maybe $1.25 and a piece of bubble gum, but I bet he doesn't shoot one of them. ( : Really he is a great kid and very cautious, will be great to have some young blood to help out.

Back