5 bird limit

No it did not pass

anyone know the real reason, politics, for trying to pass the increase in bag limit in the middle of the season last year? (i can only assume to generate some late season revenue)

i did notice the huge increase in crop prodution, lack of early success due to late harvest, which combined for a lot of early season hunters being disappointed, including myself.

anyone know the real reason, politics, for trying to pass the increase in bag limit in the middle of the season last year? (i can only assume to generate some late season revenue)

i did notice the huge increase in crop prodution, lack of early success due to late harvest, which combined for a lot of early season hunters being disappointed, including myself.

Nature accounted for early season hunters being dissappointed. Politics always factors in when someone proposes to change the bird harvest limits.

Bords that went unharvested probably reason for any birds being around this spring and fall as we would have needed alot going into winter to have a few left in the spring.

Flooding and very late harvest over wide swaths of popular SD hunting range last year made for extremely poor success, despite reports (some on this board) to the contrary. Hunters with poor experience were complaining and getting the word out to hunters who had yet to come--and were cancelling reservations and plans.

I shot more birds in MN than SD last year for the first time ever, with less time on the ground in MN.

Truth be told I did see a LOT more birds in SD. Just maximized my opportunity in MN, and shot straight...:) In SD they just wouldn't come out into the open very often, after peeking out of the standing corn at me! Did get into some sharptails while moving west towards dry ground, which was fun. Have to have been a lot of roosters that survived the season in the places I hunt in SD, although that's not necessarily a good thing.

Back