30 Ducks Down Video

Weather conditions were ideal for our duck hunt Friday after Thanksgiving. North wind about 15 steady with overcast skies, perfect. We had good amounts of teal and big ducks on the move right from the beginning of the hunt. We had been doing well in this spot so we had all of us in one blind for the hunt. Lots of fun cutting up, hunting, eating and some cold beer. We hunted until 10:00am.

After the hunting part in the latter part of the video we have to back out of our spot because the trenasse we use we can’t turn around. The motor is a 2007 36HP Pro Drive surface drive with manual full power reverse and manual trim getting it done. She is still going strong after all these years with lots of duck hunts in the slop.

The video shows us shooting 30 ducks which was surprising to me. Even more of a surprise was the very next day four of us went to the same spot on another good day for a duck hunt and shot 1 duck. Makes no sense at all.

Numbers of ducks taken in that spot since opening day – 24 – 5 – 24 – 24 – 24 – 5 – 6 – 30 – 1 - 5

Happy Hunting!

A survey by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Association found that 62 percent of participants have negative views towards hunters. They believe most hunters are willing, or do, break hunting laws such as drinking in excess while hunting [source: Rinella]. With a public image like this, it's impressive that hunting has continued to live on as lobbyist groups fight against what they see as an inhumane and unethical pastime.
92FBE7F8-730A-4322-916F-9DEADD8192C2.png

4229ABDC-1EC9-4B99-A9A9-F6EA6D14E9D1.png

Sorry, but I don't think us drinking beer during a hunt will make any difference to the disdain the anti hunting / animal rights people have for us. Now, they may hate us more due the fact we are having fun while hunting but nothing we are doing is ILLEAGAL. Trying to appease the anti gun, hunting crowd is not going to make them go away.

I mean it's an image thing. If we always have that attitude, then of course views won't change. "Well anti hunting people already hate me, might as well make it worse".

Depending on your states laws and how much you've drank, it certainly could be illegal. In MN it could be. And if you're on public land, it would be illegal to possess it.

Drinking while hunting is slob hunting at best. Yes - I judge.

Alcohol is for after shooting or hunting not during ... then by all means enjoy ...

well except remember if you party hard til the wee hours and then go hunting shortly there after ... alcohol takes time to metabolize. Long time ago I on occasion worked at a large chemical plant in the South. The security team was quick to note that accidents occuring in the morning required an alcohol test ... and employees often failed to be under the limit ... still drunk when the drove to work and started working after closing down the bar the night before.

These sad old farts are from the south, what do you expect. Home of the original participation trophy, the confederite flag. I like hammering beers as much as the next guy but sure as heck dont do that while hunting. But being a doush bag ain't illegal.

There’s 2 issues here, as I see it: drinking while hunting, and also, posting a video of drinking while hunting, which basically means that there’s no awareness that drinking while hunting is an issue, especially putting it out there for god and everyone else to see. That lack of awareness suggests to me that it’s probably commonplace in some parts of our culture, our geography, etc?

Shotguns and alcohol always go well together.
Drinking while hunting is slob hunting at best. Yes - I judge.

Alcohol is for after shooting or hunting not during ... then by all means enjoy ...

well except remember if you party hard til the wee hours and then go hunting shortly there after ... alcohol takes time to metabolize. Long time ago I on occasion worked at a large chemical plant in the South. The security team was quick to note that accidents occuring in the morning required an alcohol test ... and employees often failed to be under the limit ... still drunk when the drove to work and started working after closing down the bar the night before.
Exactly why I am not hunting with a few guys I used to hunt with. They had some great land to hunt and I only got the invitation because I had decent dogs. I was there for the hunting and they were there for the drinking and carousing with the bar flies. I tired of hunting with guys that were still drunk in the morning. After a close call with one of my dogs when one of them ground swatted a wounded bird and I was done.

These sad old farts are from the south, what do you expect. Home of the original participation trophy, the confederite flag. I like hammering beers as much as the next guy but sure as heck dont do that while hunting. But being a doush bag ain't illegal.
Smasher, I've seen slob hunting all over the country. Hunters fromthe south don't hold a monopoly on that. And yes, I agree that Delta Duckman's bragging on drinking beer while hunting, and posting videos of it, is about as low in the slob-hunting category as one gets -- so low that it makes me wonder if it wasn't an intentional troll, on mostly-pheasant-hunting forum. I don't necessarily agree that it "ain't illegal." It depends on where you are. No matter where you are, though, if you either had decent home training, or you took a hunter safety course, one of the first lessons you learned is to never mix alcohol and guns. If you ignore that lesson, you at least ought to know better than to post it.

Guns and alcohol do not go together
Drinking and driving do not go together
Somehow there are people who still put the safety of themselves and others at risk

I don't know how this will be received...but I'll drink and drive before I'd drink and hunt. You can correct a slight swerve at normal driving speeds fairly quickly if you're impaired. You shouldn't be out there...but we've all been there. No matter how you slice it, a charge of shot is faster than any car and impossible to avoid no matter how fast you "swerve".

I don't know how this will be received...but I'll drink and drive before I'd drink and hunt. You can correct a slight swerve at normal driving speeds fairly quickly if you're impaired. You shouldn't be out there...but we've all been there. No matter how you slice it, a charge of shot is faster than any car and impossible to avoid no matter how fast you "swerve".
Reads like beer talk to me. Have another one!

I know guys that have a beer for lunch when hunting…I am not a fan…but I don’t drink during the day, makes me lethargic. And I don’t stop at 1!🤓

I know guys that have a beer for lunch when hunting…I am not a fan…but I don’t drink during the day, makes me lethargic. And I don’t stop at 1!🤓
I used to hunt with a guy in Iowa that took this to the nth degree. On one hunt it got to where noon rolled around. We hit a dive bar and grill in a small town...great burgers, though. The four of us sat at the bar and the other two ordered beer. I could see that this got Mike in a bad mood. He nudged me in the ribs and said to step out for a second.

"Let go" he said...I looked at him wide eyed. "C'mon...or you can stay to". We left them. Dropped off their guns after we were done. I don't drink and hunt as a rule. Sun goes down and I'll be the 1st to crack one. But this situation was a bit much in my opinion. I would have rather he addressed the matter and stated that if they were drinking they weren't hunting with him.

Just an extreme response to the topic at hand.

No beers for me when the shells are in the gun.... but some of my favorite memories are putting the dogs in the kennels, watching that last bit of colorful sunset with a cold one, talking about the last golden hour hunt.

Dont drink and shoot guns, its just stupid.

Back