28 guage

My buddy always says that a 28 gauge is the perfect gun for guys with boyfriends. What happened to dudes just being dudes and carryin a 12?
I usually shoot a 12 auto. I always wanted to try a 28 stack barrel. Now I have one. Missed my first bird with it going straight away.

They got older and wiser, and better shots!

And weaker if Im pickin up what bbb is puttin down. I guess if your old or not strong a little 28 guage might be nice for ya but I don't get these young dudes being obsessed with them. Other than the brokeback nature the 28s provide

And weaker if Im pickin up what bbb is puttin down. I guess if your old or not strong a little 28 guage might be nice for ya but I don't get these young dudes being obsessed with them. Other than the brokeback nature the 28s provide

They learned that you dont need a 12ga with 1 1/4-1 3/8 of shot to kill a rooster, duck, goose, anything. You just have to be a good shot.

I haven't shot a 12ga in 3.5 years now, and kill just as many if not more birds with 20s shooting mosty the same shells the 28ga guys shoot.

I cant imagine shooting a 12ga over pointers anymore without a bunch of wind or something, talk about overkill. Had enough holes in the ones i killed with a 20ga monday, they were sub 30yds and getting blown to pieces with 1oz of 5s

They learned that you dont need a 12ga with 1 1/4-1 3/8 of shot to kill a rooster, duck, goose, anything. You just have to be a good shot.

I haven't shot a 12ga in 3.5 years now, and kill just as many if not more birds with 20s shooting mosty the same shells the 28ga guys shoot.

I cant imagine shooting a 12ga over pointers anymore without a bunch of wind or something, talk about overkill. Had enough holes in the ones i killed with a 20ga monday, they were sub 30yds and getting blown to pieces with 1oz of 5s
Yeah lugging a heavy 12 guage is a drag.I have used 20 some this year.Birds get wild in December, but I'm still going to try this 28 some.There is this elitist dog trailer bonehead who wants to hunt.

I think it's less about the gauge and more about what works for you and fits well. I can't say anymore, I'll make a big post about this topic soon. I'm sure there'll be no difference of opinion!
I agree,fit is important. It's wierd,but I can shoot a sxs better than a ou.

I suppose your right. You don't even have to aim with a 12 gauge. 🤡

What happened to dudes being dudes and just carrying a 10?
I carried a ithaca mag 10 with 26 inch barrel one morning chasing pheasants after a goose hunt, first and last time. I will say I could reach out and touch some wild flushing roosters! Wish i still had that gun loved it for goose!

I have a giant of a cousin who used to carry an sp10. It’s funny the last time I hunted with him he was carrying a 28
About 10or 15 years ago he went off meat. We were all standing around talking and someone asked him how he could give up meat and he said , ah even the mighty buffalo lives on nothing but grass🤣

I have a giant of a cousin who used to carry an sp10. It’s funny the last time I hunted with him he was carrying a 28
About 10or 15 years ago he went off meat. We were all standing around talking and someone asked him how he could give up meat and he said , ah even the mighty buffalo lives on nothing but grass🤣
I would carry a 10 with a sling.Im going to use IC,and Full in this little 28.All I have are 7.5s.

My buddy always says that a 28 gauge is the perfect gun for guys with boyfriends. What happened to dudes just being dudes and carryin a 12?
I’ll ask all the pheasant and quail I’ve shot if they’re embarrassed they were shot by a “brokeback” dude with a boyfriend. 3/4oz of 7’s in the right barrel and 13/16oz of 6’s in the left early season and 13/16oz of 6’s in both barrels later in the year. I only shoot birds my dog points so I’m not shooting much past 25ish yards and if a bird doesn’t go down, that’s on me.

You and your buddy should look up the definition of “projection” as it relates to psychology…

I’ll ask all the pheasant and quail I’ve shot if they’re embarrassed they were shot by a “brokeback” dude with a boyfriend. 3/4oz of 7’s in the right barrel and 13/16oz of 6’s in the left early season and 13/16oz of 6’s in both barrels later in the year. I only shoot birds my dog points so I’m not shooting much past 25ish yards and if a bird doesn’t go down, that’s on me.

You and your buddy should look up the definition of “projection” as it relates to psychology…
I still havnt brought one down with the 28. Had to go to the 12, so my dog wouldn't give me the stink eye.Did take a 35 yard passing shot with the 28.I drew feathers, but he flew off well.I should have fired the other barrel.

You are missing the point.It takes more skill to shoot a 28.
Good point Goose, and that's something that hasn't been brought up on this thread. It takes a perfectly placed shot with a 28, or a 2 3/4 20 for that matter. And no Goose you have to pass on the 35 yd. shots with 20's and 28's. 16's would be iffy. I lost a pseudo rooster yesterday. 35 yds. crossing right to left. 20 ga. 2 3/4. I know it was well placed shot cause.. well... it was me shooting..:)

Back