22 pistol

haymaker

A friend of mine has a 22 year old daughter that wants to buy a .22 pistol, not a revolver. I am looking for opinions on what people would recommend. Thanks.

I have a Ruger 22-45 that I really like. Very accurate shooting.
It is a little hard to take down the first time or two.

Browning Buckmark - several models and barrel lengths to choose from. Time tested and proven. What's her intended purpose? Plinker or hunting? Budget would help too.

I have two Buckmarks. My wife and granddaughter enjoy shooting them. Granddaughter shot a nicely grouped target and hung it on her bedroom door.
The Buckmarks have been very dependable and I agree with the positive statements posted by others.

I enjoy shooting a Ruger 101, 22 caliber revolver. I believe either the Ruger or Buckmark semi autos would be a good choice.

Buckmark. They come in a variety of models for everything from plinking to competition. You can find used ones that are fairly cheap. Ammo would be the only issue right now.

My dad have one Buckmark pistol. I was ever able to actually reliably hit anything with it. I have put several thousand rounds through mine, and have never had it jam or malfunction once. But make sure that you get some quality ammo and you should have no problem with this gun.

Buckmarks are hard to beat, but Ruger Mark I, II, or III's are my preference. These are phenomenally accurate & reliable and aren't that difficult to completely strip to the frame once you've done it a couple times.

Buckmarks are hard to beat, but Ruger Mark I, II, or III's are my preference. These are phenomenally accurate & reliable and aren't that difficult to completely strip to the frame once you've done it a couple times.

+1 one the Rugars. Dang fine weapon.

Ruger Mark 3 :thumbsup: Ruger makes a hell of a 22 both in the carbine and pistol. Hard to beat the durability and function. Both would be good. But most guys I know have had them Rugers for ever. Fun guns:thumbsup:

Back