20g s x s barrel length?

24" and no more than 26". Key is the gun balance. too short, depending on the gun, you have to work too hard to get the barrel down. Personally, I would stay away from anything that exceeds 26".

Hi. I ended up being a sxs 20g with 26in barrels. They do have chokes so it affords me some patterning options. Shot it the first day and couldn't hit the side of a barn. Seems that my OU and Semis of the same brand you need to float the target over the bead. With this sxs you seem to need to cover the target. I'll catch up to this gun at some point.

What gun did you end up with. Yes, it may take some time to adjust to a SxS. Years ago I had a Browning BSS 20 ga. with 26" barrels that I shot very well. Sold the gun and have regretted it to this day. A couple of years ago I bought another BSS 20 ga. with 26" barrels and an English stock. I couldn't hit a darn thing with it. Owner of the gun shop I frequent said it was probably due to the English stock. He made me a good offer and I sold it to him. Good luck with the new 20 ga. SxS.

Ended up with a Franchi Destnoi

Attachments

• 5F771C69-1E98-469F-A87C-B7E52C6E7C66.jpeg
    5F771C69-1E98-469F-A87C-B7E52C6E7C66.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back