2024 National Pheasant Fest in Sioux Fall, who is going?

I was going to drive up but I have a Vizsla club event I have to attend in KC this weekend. Bad timing for me.

I'll be there on Saturday morning, probably around 10am to lunch or so. The breeder I'm getting a pup from will be there, so I wanted to talk to him for a few, and wander around.

Sorry to say I wont be attending this year as I have other commitments. I will however be there in 2025 as it is in KC and just and hour from home.

GH, "10 til noon", you won't see to much of what will be there. You aren't sure how much the dogs will hunt together...good thing they aren't GSPs. I think either of my last 2 would dig through the wall of my home, if they thought I was going hunting without them. I am not sure this is an exaggeration, is the the worst part of that.

GH, "10 til noon", you won't see to much of what will be there. You aren't sure how much the dogs will hunt together...good thing they aren't GSPs. I think either of my last 2 would dig through the wall of my home, if they thought I was going hunting without them. I am not sure this is an exaggeration, is the the worst part of that.

To be honest, the last time I was at Pheasant Fest, I didn't find much that had value to my style of pheasant hunting.

I leave Sage at home sometimes when I go duck hunting. She isn't happy, but she gets over pretty quick, at least according to my wife, who would most certainly let me know if Sage didn't. :)

To be honest, the last time I was at Pheasant Fest, I didn't find much that had value to my style of pheasant hunting.

I leave Sage at home sometimes when I go duck hunting. She isn't happy, but she gets over pretty quick, at least according to my wife, who would most certainly let me know if Sage didn't. :)
You are fortunate. A shotgun leaving the house without all of our three amigos in tow goes over like a fart in church.

High caliber?
They had a great booth with lots of activity.

I saw many of my dog friends.
Also saw a stunning black pudlepointer.

My friend commented he was surprised about the lack of items for sale. I told him I thought there was more for sale then the last time there.

When it was in Minnesota a few years ago I asked one of the more popular booths selling stuff why they didn’t have more stuff. He told me that the convention center only had carts a little larger than what you see at hotels to haul their stuff in with. Said after 40 or 50 trips pulling it from the parking lot to where they were setup got old really fast. Said he would rather give me a deal and have it shipped out on Monday to my door step. He didn’t have to haul it in and I didn’t have to carry it around and out to my truck.

Grabbed a couple $10 PF T-shirts and light canvas/fannel lined shirt.
My buddy got a Banded light weight hunting coat from their booth, 40% off, they will ship that to him and a holster/gun rest that is on a strap and rides about on your hip to rest the gun in but should keep it ready for action. Only saw a 4 people I knew, the family across the street from me were 2 of them.

Only saw a 4 people I knew, the family across the street from me were 2 of them.
If you seen a guy jump out of a brand new black glistening suburban wearing $$$ Italian loafers and hanging out at the booth of high buck hunting lodges or fancy sub-gauge European break-action top shelf guns, then you saw Goosemaster, you just didn't know it.

I asked the fellas at the Small Munsterlanders and all denied being on UPH forum....never knew beside small and large, there are also the original munsterlanders. That part of the venue was just packed with people. It seemed that vendors that brought inventory and selling their product were very busy.

Back