2021 youth Gobbler action

cheesy

My 10 year old boy has now had 3 years in a row of opening day success. This one was 10" beard, 1 5/16" spurs, used his hand me down single shot .410 loaded with BossTom TSS #9s. He was doing a bit of stunt shooting this year, long range at 18 yards. Last year it was at about 6 yards.

yT5noDV.jpg

Grandpa makes for a pretty good outfitter service
FsW19DA.jpg

Nice hooks-
WbYKqnI.jpg

Nice gobbler! I miss those days when both my boys were young for turkey hunting. Hopefully grandsons in the future.

Awsome ! First turkey I've ever seen killed with a 410 / #9 shot, unheard of here in Va. !
This is his 3rd with it. TSS weighs like 19g/cc where lead weighs 12, so over 50% heavier than lead. So a #9 TSS weighs like the equivalent of a lead #5 (not digging into the data tables to see the exacts here, just bsllparking). Small shot size gets the pattern density up. Heavier than lead gets the penetration to what is needed.

Granted last year a handful of crushed Cheerios would have worked just as well.

My 10 year old boy has now had 3 years in a row of opening day success. This one was 10" beard, 1 5/16" spurs, used his hand me down single shot .410 loaded with BossTom TSS #9s. He was doing a bit of stunt shooting this year, long range at 18 yards. Last year it was at about 6 yards.

yT5noDV.jpg

Grandpa makes for a pretty good outfitter service
FsW19DA.jpg

Nice hooks-
WbYKqnI.jpg
Three generations. Gotta love it! Congrats to your son on a heckuva nice turkey.

Back