2021 Pheasant Hunting Videos

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit. Kinda spendy, but limitless options.

I have my "wind" setting on the GoPro set to auto and have a small piece of foam covering the front mic. I cut little strips of double sided tape and lined them around the front mic.

The downside of GoPro is that they are not very good in cold weather. Much like all electronics. I failed to capture some pretty awesome footage this weekend, however, I have the memory.

Best of luck and I hope to see some footage!
Thank you!

An awesome air somersault!!! Good videos. That shot cam is great. I had one this season, a cold morning, my fingers were numb, a rooster flushes beside me, I try to click the safety off and couldn't tell if it was off or not, but I squeezed the trigger on it (it was still close), it fires, the bird drops. I walk up and it is doing a death dance, so I thought, I start to try to grab it, it gets airborne and flies away! I wasn't so quick the 2nd time, one shot and missed and he was gone. I really wasn't prepared for that rebound. Guessing I hit a foot or leg, I thought I might have been low at the moment of the shot. The things you see bird hunting!!

That's pretty wild If you shoot them right under the wing they go down hard and stay down
I saw a video recently where guys were remarking about the great "under the wing shot". In fairness, maybe they are deer hunters and they transferred the "just behind the front shoulder" line of thinking.

Another great video GH, thanks for sharing! You made that 1/2 vacation day very worthwhile! Can I ask the vest brand you have on Sage?

Another great video GH, thanks for sharing! You made that 1/2 vacation day very worthwhile! Can I ask the vest brand you have on Sage?
It is a Mendota Skid Plate. How big is your dog? A guy sent me a medium that Sage wore last year, but after she got sick, she put on a few pounds and the medium was just a touch to small so I bought a large and that's what she wears now.

Here is a link to the sizing and place I bought it from. I'd be happy to let you have my smaller one at no charge.

Thank you GH, truly appreciate the offer. Pop would not fit in a medium, so thanks again for your kind offer. I've been using a Browning, with the velcro straps, and after 4- five day hunts, it is getting to the point where it should be replaced. I also have a Cuga vest as a back up, still new. I like the buckle system of Sages' vest, so I'll be ordering one now. All the best

I like the fact that you don't put your pal in a cage.Neither do I.I don't wear any orange, I wear camouflage. You don't use an electronic collar. Good move. I think you would make a good far north hunter.

I saw a video recently where guys were remarking about the great "under the wing shot". In fairness, maybe they are deer hunters and they transferred the "just behind the front shoulder" line of thinking.
In fairness maybe you should pay attention. Those guys know what their talking about, a roo will bleed out quick with a 4 lead through the hart or lung. May fly a little ways but when they fall their not moving, it's my favorite place to hit him and it won't be mangled up for the taxidermy guy.

In fairness maybe you should pay attention. Those guys know what their talking about, a roo will bleed out quick with a 4 lead through the hart or lung. May fly a little ways but when they fall their not moving, it's my favorite place to hit him and it won't be mangled up for the taxidermy guy.
Duly noted. Under the wing. Got it.

My goal would be to shoot right under where the wing is attached also (on a crossing rooster). That wing pocket is the sweet spot in my book.

Beautiful dog work..under control..love the way she checks back in with you..
would be happy to have her in my string for guiding😄

Back