2020 WI Pheasant Reports/Pics

Lee192233

Good morning fellow Wisconsinites. I know there are guys out pheasant hunting. I'll start. I got out yesterday with my oldest boy who is seven. We hunted for about two hours. The only roosters we saw were in the parking lot when we got there! The dogs got birdy a few times. He really enjoyed being out in the field. We sat down a couple times to enjoy some juice boxes. All in all a great hunt.

Lee

Public land expanse, tent was on the east side of a north/south running road......sort of a parking area.......is that a good enough description?......can't be too many of those tents pitched in October in Lincoln county.... :)

Public land expanse, tent was on the east side of a north/south running road......sort of a parking area.......is that a good enough description?......can't be too many of those tents pitched in October in Lincoln county.... :)
Must've been two in Lincoln County...I was on private land. Apparently I'm not the only one crazy enough to camp in late October in Wisconsin.

That is good then....don't need you horning in on my secret spots.... :)

Bird numbers have been good, multiple flushes every-time out. Had a terrible streak of 17 consecutive hens flushed but that should mean 100 roosters next year right? We've killed 6 public land roosters hunting 7 or 8 days in the northwest part of the state on non-stocked lands. Shot a dozen in SD over 4 days with two of us.

Did a lot of hunting on public land this last year had very good luck, I think there was only three times when we didn't flush a bird. We got these six one day only about three miles from my house on public land. For awhile I thought I was in South Dakota we had four flush at one time we managed to knock down three of them.IMG_1063.jpg

Sent my dog with a friend of mine this weekend, they limited out on woodcock one day, and a few more the next day plus a few grouse. They avoided the pheasant crowds.

I drove past a wildlife area near me mid morning last Saturday and there were 7 trucks in the parking area. Theres another parking area on the other side of this area too. Glad I decided to stay home again as much as I hate to. Mid week hunts ftw.
Leaving for SD on Sunday!!

Got one on Sunday afternoon. The smile says it all!
Lee
View attachment 396
Great picture that smile really does say it all. Took my grandson out last year and he shot his first pheasant hoping the mount is done by Christmas for him. I'll be taking the dogs back out on Friday around here, they need a rest for a couple of days they worked hard out in South Dakota.

Grouse numbers are pretty good in the north this year. And the woodcock are starting to move. We shot some limits of woodcock and a decent take on grouse this past weekend.

Hey guys, I know this is a Pheasant site, but I wondering how the Ruff hunting is going? I will be heading to N.E. Wisconsin to chase the King soon. How is your Ruff hunting going?

Back