2020 WI Pheasant Reports/Pics

Lee192233

Good morning fellow Wisconsinites. I know there are guys out pheasant hunting. I'll start. I got out yesterday with my oldest boy who is seven. We hunted for about two hours. The only roosters we saw were in the parking lot when we got there! The dogs got birdy a few times. He really enjoyed being out in the field. We sat down a couple times to enjoy some juice boxes. All in all a great hunt.

Lee

Hunting RN

Public land expanse, tent was on the east side of a north/south running road......sort of a parking area.......is that a good enough description?......can't be too many of those tents pitched in October in Lincoln county.... :)

Lee192233

Public land expanse, tent was on the east side of a north/south running road......sort of a parking area.......is that a good enough description?......can't be too many of those tents pitched in October in Lincoln county.... :)
Must've been two in Lincoln County...I was on private land. Apparently I'm not the only one crazy enough to camp in late October in Wisconsin.

Hunting RN

That is good then....don't need you horning in on my secret spots.... :)

grossklw

Bird numbers have been good, multiple flushes every-time out. Had a terrible streak of 17 consecutive hens flushed but that should mean 100 roosters next year right? We've killed 6 public land roosters hunting 7 or 8 days in the northwest part of the state on non-stocked lands. Shot a dozen in SD over 4 days with two of us.