2015-16 Upland Hunting

gsppurist

Just going over my notes from past season. Was a banner year in number of bird encounters and events. Was able to take my nephew hunting in NoDak for his first hunt. He was able to get pheasant/sharptails. Had to perform a frozen river rescue of my dogs that had fallen through in a small but deep creek. (Water was 15 degrees warmer than outside temp). Got my first Sage Grouse, sharptail, Ruffed grouse and Hun.

Now starting to plan for the upcoming season. Was hoping others will share their plans for upcoming hunts.

Going for the 5 grouse this season and will enjoy Arizona again, to see family and hunt for several weeks this upcoming Christmas.

Below put together another video of season highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY3LlyWtPA

Hey GSP-P,
That was a very cool video with some great pics. I especially liked the puppy mauling. What is your home territory besides your "kitchen"?
POL

Liked the vidoe.

I'll stay in Montana. I'll get out as much as possible for the limited options I have here locally, a couple mountain grouse hunts and huns I've hunted the past couple years. I'll plan on at least two (maybe three) 4 or 5 day hunts to NE Montana to hunt roosters and any other upland that presents an opportunity. One of those hunts will be my dad visiting on the pheasant opener for his first pheasnt hunt in Montana. I'll also plan on a few hunts for sharpies and huns in north central MT, and possibly one in eastern MT.

Back