2011 season set

Don't forget we have a few more roosters than most and don't have to walk from firstlight to dark just hoping to see one.:D If I shoot well I can shoot a limit in a few minutes on a good day and a few hours on a slow day. Opening weekend this year we had 17 guys and we were limited out by 1:30 sat and 3:00 on sunday. Then again I also have days were I shoot one to make sandwiches for lunch and call it good.

I don't quite understand why the GFP commission continues with the Noon start the first week and then switches to 10"00 AM. I believe it use to be because of the daylight savings time change and it would coincide with the time change. But now that the dates for DST have been changed I don't know why they continued the noon start for a week.

Personally I like the 10:00 AM start as it makes for a more liesurely morning and still gives a guy enough time to hunt. I think it's good also for the pheasants so they have time to get out and feed unmolested.

I'm not trying to start a debate on the SD start time. It's been beat around pretty good in the past. I only stated my preferrence.

Consider the debate started. I assume the reason for keeping the noon start is tradition, and I approve of that. Personally I never hunt before noon. If I could do whatever I wanted and didn't have to make a living I would just hunt the last hour of the day. For people that travel a long distance I understand being able to have a couple more hours is a good thing. I would not like to see it start any earlier in the day. It would be too easy to get your limit road hunting in the first hour.

Don't forget we have a few more roosters than most and don't have to walk from firstlight to dark just hoping to see one.:D If I shoot well I can shoot a limit in a few minutes on a good day and a few hours on a slow day. Opening weekend this year we had 17 guys and we were limited out by 1:30 sat and 3:00 on sunday. Then again I also have days were I shoot one to make sandwiches for lunch and call it good.

Congratulations, and thanks for rubbing it in.:D

Seriously though walking for 6hrs to see one rooster is very rewarding to me and actually shooting one is the icing on the cake.:thumbsup: My dog would be very upset if we hunted for any less than 4hrs. A 10am start might be nice though, I could squeeze in a morning quail hunt first.:D

Back