2 dog collar system

Bob Peters

Looking for recommendations on an e-collar for two flushing dogs. I.E. where you have one remote that connects to two different collars/dogs. No GPS needed in this case, thanks for any recommendations.

+1 for Dogtra. BrownDogs recommended the Dogtra 3502 but Dogtra also makes several other collars for two dogs. I'd check them out on their web site and see which might work best for your needs.

I have the sportdog 1875 Uplander, it does have beepers attached but they can either be silenced or removed from the collar. If silenced they do have a locator button if needed. They have worked very well with my pack.

strong favorable opinion about Dogtra collars

Dogtra T&B for the win! Ive used them for several years now with no issues and batteries have great life length even in really cold weather.

AMEN FOR DOGTRA. I have both dogtra and garmin but I prefere the Dogtra unles I hane my GSP s in highcover where I cannot see them on point. Have had to look for them quiet some time in high grass. They will not break a point unless the bird flushes.

AMEN FOR DOGTRA. I have both dogtra and garmin but I prefere the Dogtra unles I hane my GSP s in highcover where I cannot see them on point. Have had to look for them quiet some time in high grass. They will not break a point unless the bird flushes.
Garmin/tritronics All the pro trainers I know use them. Have used mine for nearly 20 years and still working great. Almost bullet proof but you pay for quality

I had a sportdog 1875 before I broke down and got my Garmin unit. It seemed to do all the basics well for me when I had it.

Have several of both..different models as well..
Both dog tra and tri tronic excellent collars..
But guess if only one would go Dog Tra jmo

Looking for recommendations on an e-collar for two flushing dogs. I.E. where you have one remote that connects to two different collars/dogs. No GPS needed in this case, thanks for any recommendations
Looking for recommendations on an e-collar for two flushing dogs. I.E. where you have one remote that connects to two different collars/dogs. No GPS needed in this case, thanks for any recommendations.
While not the newest dogtra unit I went fron a 1900 t&b to a 2502 t&b 2 dog unit. My oLd collar was over 10 years old single unit and other than battery replacement every couple years it’s helped up through thick and thin. Still worked when I put it away. The 2502 t&b are actually beeper units and the horns can be loud when used. I fixed that by putting rubber covers similar to trailer wheel bearing covers. This still allows you to hear them at up to 35-40 yards. I like to know where my springers are when in heavy cover and this allows for it. there is a slightly newer unit- the 2702 (2) dog unit which also has a vibration function. These collars and remotes handle inclement weather well And are in the 250-450 dollar price range new. I’ve used SportDog and Garmin units in the past. Not a big fan of SportDog as I feel the remotes didn‘t stand up to continual use. The Garmin delta is another I use and has a 3 dog function but is not very loud if your looking to use the locate feature.
im sure there are lots of collar out there and I can say my dogtra has been my go to for about the last 15 years.

While not the newest dogtra unit I went fron a 1900 t&b to a 2502 t&b 2 dog unit. My oLd collar was over 10 years old single unit and other than battery replacement every couple years it’s helped up through thick and thin. Still worked when I put it away. The 2502 t&b are actually beeper units and the horns can be loud when used. I fixed that by putting rubber covers similar to trailer wheel bearing covers. This still allows you to hear them at up to 35-40 yards. I like to know where my springers are when in heavy cover and this allows for it. there is a slightly newer unit- the 2702 (2) dog unit which also has a vibration function. These collars and remotes handle inclement weather well And are in the 250-450 dollar price range new. I’ve used SportDog and Garmin units in the past. Not a big fan of SportDog as I feel the remotes didn‘t stand up to continual use. The Garmin delta is another I use and has a 3 dog function but is not very loud if your looking to use the locate feature.
im sure there are lots of collar out there and I can say my dogtra has been my go to for about the last 15 years.
I have the 2702 and if I was forced to come up with a complaint it's that the locator beeper could be louder if you get in thick terrain with valleys and hills. The beeper and shocker are one piece and it rotates facing down as the dogs work causing the sound not to carry as well as it could but definitely not the end of the world and have no other complaints.

Last edited:
I have the 2702 and if I was forced to come up with a complaint is that the locator beeper could be louder if you get in thick terrain with valleys and hills. The beeper and shocker are one piece and it rotates facing down as the dogs work causing the sound not to carry as well as it could but definitely not the end of the world and have no other complaints.
Agreed. My older collar had the beeper and the shock on different sides which minimizes the rotation of the collar. I tried using velcro on the collar to keep the unit from rotating to the bottom without much success. Fortunatel, my dogs are almost always within 30-40 yards which I can hear well enough. As noted this unit was designed for pointers which is why the beeper is usually loud enough. Using it I turn off the run beep, point beep function with my springers.

I have a Garmin Tri-Tronics Pro 70 that I've been using for 5-6 years. I run 5 collars off of the one controller and it always works flawlessly. I highly recommend this unit if you're needing to run multiple e-collars.

Check out the DT Systems Rapt 1400 or 1450 they both have vibrate/nick/continuous 1450 has a beeper. You can add up to 3 dogs if needed.
I ran the 1450 with 2 dogs for many years, it’s very user friendly. now I’m running the garmin Alpha 200 with 4 dogs.

Dogtra here also. I really like the 3 buttons, one locate, one buzz, one shock. You can train your dog to come back on buzz. No hollering or whistles completely quiet. I like to hunt that way.

Dogtra here also. I really like the 3 buttons, one locate, one buzz, one shock. You can train your dog to come back on buzz. No hollering or whistles completely quiet. I like to hunt that way.
Totally agree. My springers are trained with the dogtra T&B color system. I use the beep to turn my spaniels, stop from flush and return. the Locator button is sufficiently loud enough to quickly locate in heavy cover. If I had one wish it would be to make the change feature button even smaller. I don’t think most folks change the features for run or point beep in the field and the button would benefit from being slightly harder to hit. I’ve actually taped over mine so that I don’t accidentally push it.

Back