16 gauge

AteUp

What happened to the 16 gauge at or under 6#s all the manufactures were promising? All credit given to browning for their offering! BUT what about us guys that like doubles? Yes I know I can buy an older gun to fit the bill,but I would like a stacked or sxs.Any ideas or inside info? I have older ones but would like a modern gun with chokes for piece of mind and no-toxic areas. PLEASE.

There is a great forum on 16ga.com to find out the latest. CZ makes a 16 gauge as does TriStar which both are mid-range cost wise. I have owned a few different 16 gauge guns over the years and my current favorites are the Remington 1100 and the Marlin Model 90 O/U. The fun is in the hunt, have fun shopping.

I believe Dickinson markets a 16 Ga. SXS through their Custom Shop and I believe Fausti offers one, as well.

www.16ga.com is a great site and a good resource.

Fondled a couple Fausti O/U 16s last winter at Pheasant Fest. So nice. I thought I was over them, but just thinking about them now kind of rekindles the fire. Seems to me they were just under 6.5 lbs.

Last edited:
Fair and Rizzini offer both guns in 16, right now the lightest is the Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen, the gun is getting good reviews.

Runnings is selling new Browning 525 Field O/U’s on GB. Listed weight is 6.8 and it will cost you 2000.00 they ordered 200 for their stores. They look nice.

My Browning White Lightning 16GA is about 7 lbs. I sometimes wish it was lighter (Browning occasionally makes the Superlight Feather in 16 I hear), but when I use the awesome Federal PF shells on wild birds I am glad it isn't any lighter.

I have the Browning Citori Lightning Feather and love it with the exception of the recoil. Drops birds like rocks but rocks my shoulder as well.

How about finding a good LC Smith or Fox? I love my Elsie.

Dakota Zeb I’m referring to a gun like I just bought see franchi instinct thread. Also the 2 I already own 1) browning citori lightning feather 2) browning citori superlight feather and was told by a reputable browning rep they were going to do a special run of both again, not to mention they’re sweet 16 at under 6#s. Also F.I.A.R. Xlight from Italians firearms group that were supposed to be here in 2015/2016 and you know what the date is. So far only Franchi has stepped up. I know everyone does not like super lights but I for one do! I’m a quail hunter who walks after big running pointers and setters 70-80 days per year who appreciates lose shoulders and non burning lactic acid filled forearms to shoot at an expertly handled coveys of bobs, blues,huns or/and prairie grouse. If you would like to PM me for my # and discuss in private which other makers reps I have talked with in regards to my topic post please feel free to so but just not from September 1st 2018 through February 28th 2019.

Dakota Zeb I’m referring to a gun like I just bought see franchi instinct thread. Also the 2 I already own 1) browning citori lightning feather 2) browning citori superlight feather and was told by a reputable browning rep they were going to do a special run of both again, not to mention they’re sweet 16 at under 6#s. Also F.I.A.R. Xlight from Italians firearms group that were supposed to be here in 2015/2016 and you know what the date is. So far only Franchi has stepped up. I know everyone does not like super lights but I for one do! I’m a quail hunter who walks after big running pointers and setters 70-80 days per year who appreciates lose shoulders and non burning lactic acid filled forearms to shoot at an expertly handled coveys of bobs, blues,huns or/and prairie grouse. If you would like to PM me for my # and discuss in private which other makers reps I have talked with in regards to my topic post please feel free to so but just not from September 1st 2018 through February 28th 2019.

You answered my question. No need for any further discussion. Thank you.

How about finding a good LC Smith or Fox? I love my Elsie.

I will second this, have an Elsie that is a joy to carry in the woods and field. Just need to get a 20 gauge now........

Back