12/14-A Good Day

BSH

Went out yesterday, on a whim mostly. Private land near Cope 3 guys, 3 labs hunted for about 4 hours. 6 birds total, but the important thing is that we saw over 200 birds easy! I have never seen birds in Colorado like that, honestly it looked just like a day in South Dakota. We had some flushes of 20-30 birds at a time-mostly hens, but a few roosters mixed in as well. Not to mention the birds we just saw off the road while driving around, 100's in the cut corn!

It was an unbelievable day for here. It doesn't hurt knocking on doors with a little gift in hand, we did and had a day like this!!

Best

Glad to hear. We are planning a trip after Christmas and now am really excited! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your whim of a day! lol Hope you have many more.:10sign:

Rod​

Good job man!!!!! Lots of birds out there...... it seems like it doesn't matter where you go right now.......

You're definitely right about that. Everyone that I have talked to has gone somewhere different but has had the same success!

Congrats on the birds BSH! What kind of "gift" are you talking about?

Last edited:
BSH,
Sounds like you had a great day. It sure is fun when you see birds around like that, even if it's just driving around and if they flush wild in the fields. I just hope we have a mild winter for the birds and a good nesting season to help continue their numbers rebound. I've got one of my labs climbing on my lap as I type this--he's anxious to get back out later this week with hen,hen,Rooster and his lab Chance.
Good and safe hunting,
Tom

I am heading out both friday and saturday this weekend. I am going to knock on some doors friday. Walk my land in the morning and then hit some farms in the afternoon! this is making me even more excited!

Joe
ps- I havent even done my christmas shopping yet. I was gonna do it friday but the chance to get my first rooster is exciting!!!!

Hey Boys, sorry it took me a while to get back to you, been workin' like crazy. Yes, it was a good day, for those of you who have been out since I posted I hope you did well, and for those of you still to go out good luck, tomorrow might be great with a little snow tonight!

As far as the gift goes, I have given everything from a bottle of wine to bourbon, to a couple t-shirts or hats from the firehouse. I read in an earlier forum that a guy suggested a gift certificate to a steakhouse or something. Literally speaking I don't really hold the gift when I go to the door, it is more of a "thank you" if they allow me to hunt.

Also, sounds like a couple of you guys are meeting up, perhaps we should dog a day trip and plan to get a few of us together on some WIA's? What do you think? We can talk more about it after Christmas.

Best

Back