1 year old pup limping

15 Months, I bet the pup just plain over did it and will be moving fine in less than a day.
Additionally I have found that about 1/2 the maximum dosage of Rimidyl is all it takes for pain from overdoing it. But at 15 months I don't think you need any meds just some rest.

15 Months, I bet the pup just plain over did it and will be moving fine in less than a day.
Additionally I have found that about 1/2 the maximum dosage of Rimidyl is all it takes for pain from overdoing it. But at 15 months I don't think you need any meds just some rest.
Those stuffs so good I'm thinking about trying it myself!!

Those stuffs so good I'm thinking about trying it myself!!
Try Diclofenac topical for equine, it is magic for humans kind of like how Rimidyl is for dogs.

I have said this on other threads ... dogs are high performance athletes doing their thing on uneven terrain. Injuries can and do occur. Like us, rest is the best course of action.

Go to your vet if it does not heal in a day or a few days.

Cosequin (Homeopathic) and Rimadyl (NSAID) are typically for aging dogs with chronic conditions and not one year old dogs. I had a very young pup hurt his leg ... he rebounded quickly, but Loxicom was prescribed by the vet.

Skye is a few days from 8. When we went to the game farm two weeks ago with a large group she was running around like crazy retrieving all the birds. She was limping that night and worse the next morning. After her off days she was fine. I think she just had a sore shoulder.

I started my lab last year on Duralactin Canine Joint Plus Soft Chews as part of his regular diet, veterinarian recommended. He is 7, pushing 8 in July. I also give him Mendota Pet Health Aches and Discomfort tablets the day before, day of and day after significant hunting. Same thing with his hydration, he gets watered with Kinetic Hydro30K starting the day before, during and after, and the next day after hunting.
My lab has one speed and would hunt until he died if I let him. I have noticed a significant increase in his stamina, faster recovery, and less soreness/stiffness afterwards.
He is in very good physical shape too. Off season, he usually gets at least 2 miles a day of exercise walking. And we hike alot with him and he swims alot.
As mentioned above, hunting dogs are like athletes. I want him to stay as fit as he can to enjoy what he loves to do and not pay for it the next day.

Kind of like the effect Taco Bell has on me...
Serves you right for eating Taco Bell. Who does that?!

And I would give the dog a few days to see how recovery is going. Think about an 8th grader tweaking a knee or something. They recover and play a day later. Dogs are like that too. If it persists I'd go to vet. May also just be bruised paw pads.

Back