Shorthairador

People have had every breed and mixture of breeds out helping them hunt for centuries.

Let him walk along with you and explore and learn scents and conditions, then see whether he'd sort of point, or just rush to flush. Either way, there's hunting genes in his ancestry, you may awaken them.

Have fun, be gentle with the pup, he wants to please.

Wasn't there a guy on here a few years ago that was breeding Shorthairs and Labs. I forget what it called them. I think he was from Idaho or somewhere in that area. He was trying to produce a Shorthair with a Lab coat.

One of my brothers had one , it was a good upland hunter - not as good at waterfowl .The thin coat didn't help it in the water.

Wasn't there a guy on here a few years ago that was breeding Shorthairs and Labs. I forget what it called them. I think he was from Idaho or somewhere in that area. He was trying to produce a Shorthair with a Lab coat.

Your right the guys name was William Wessleman I believe. His homade dogs were called Wesselpointers. They looked pretty cool but if I wanted a ponter I would buy a real one.

He’s still breeding and selling “America’s Versitile Gunhis website.

$800 if you are the adventurous type

Link:

I guess he has a dream and has gone after it. Good for him.

I think I’ll just stick to Labradors.

He’s still breeding and selling “America’s Versitile Gunhis website.

$800 if you are the adventurous type

Link:

I guess he has a dream and has gone after it. Good for him.

I think I’ll just stick to Labradors.

Yup, that's the guy. wesslpointer

When I was trying to find wesslpointer online I came across another guy doing the same. He's in Wessington, SD

I'm not buying one I was just curious! I had found a breeder in South Dakota offering "Hybrid Retrievers" when I was looking at pups earlier this year but I only checked them out due to curiosity since I wanted a lab! I also heard Tony Peterson talking with Jennifer Broome on his podcast Sporting Dog Talk and they had joked about a GSP/Lab cross and she called it a German Shorthairador so just wanted to know if anyone ever actually hunted with one.

My grandpa is a cattleman and he is a firm believer in "hybrid vigor." They way most of his bulls are cross breeds. I have a hanging tree cowdog which is a 1/4 catahoula, 1/4 border collie, 1/4 Australia shepherd, and a 1/4 kelpie. That dog is an amazing cowdog.

Back