Pheasant Fest..2018

I have never been and am considering going. Is it worth the money (hotel) and what are the things you have to do if you go?

I have never been and am considering going. Is it worth the money (hotel) and what are the things you have to do if you go?

I've attended twice and enjoyed the show both times.

Worth the money? This is in the eyes of the attendee.... It's similar to the Sportsman's Show - lots of equipment, guns, resort/outfitters, dog trainers. some truck/suv manufacturers, dog houses/kennels et al.

If you haven't attended, you might enjoy the experience.

I went last year in Minneapolis and enjoyed it very much. As far as is it worth it, I think so. I was able to stay at my brothers house and they had a BOGO sale on tickets so saved some money there. What did cost me a lot was the Cz Sharptail that I handled and had to have. Don’t say you weren’t warned. ; ) Dave

Pheasant Fest

It’s all about pheasants and hunting dogs. Feb 16-19..everything from dogs guns cooking seminars..$10.. in Sioux Falls SD

I wasn’t going to go this year but after giving it some thought I decided to go. Looked at the map and while it’s a 5 hour drive my stepson lives along the way. So am going to grab him and stop by on Saturday. Hopefully I will get there early enough to see the dog parade. Gonna try real hard not to see something that I need ie. guns, dog etc. Dave

I'll be driving up Thursday morning for set up. I'll be there all weekend at the CZ-USA booth. Got some cool new products this yes to see.

Any UPH'ers going please stop by and introduce yourself I would like to put a face to the name!

Ask for Rich W. as I have a pro staffer names Rich working the booth as well.

Kick'em Up!

I'm planning on it. Went last year for the first time, all i needed to hear was an entire building full of upland hunting gear, guns, and dogs...they have seminars on dog training, cooking, and habitat if that interests you as well. It's a good excuse to get away and check out all the latest stuff, pet some pups, and shoot the bull with other bird hunters.

I am going to be there tomorrow. I will be hanging out by the NRCS booth some of the time. I will be the only guy wearing a white SOUTH DAKOTA SOIL HEALTH COALITION cap. It would be good to say hello to some of you.

Had a good day with lots to see to top it off I won a weatherby 22-250 also got to meet a couple of fellow UPHers

Last edited:
Back